“Horrific in more ways than one!”
Review of LauDan Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
LauDan Restaurant
Cuisines: Spanish, British
Cambridgeshire
“Horrific in more ways than one!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Before I say anything I would like to mention that I have never ever even contemplated writing a review on the service at a restaurant. I am not one of these people who complains at the drop of a hat but needless to say the impression that this restaurant made was enough for me to feel the need to write something. Please do not visit this restaurant unless you like extremely rude careless staff and food that I wouldn't even serve to a dog. Lets just say that Mcdonalds do a better chicken and chips and that's saying something. Im not sure whether this restaurant thinks that all English have no standards but seriously waiting two whole hours for slop is taking the ultimate beep. It is cheap I will give them that but all I can say is that im glad that this was the only poor experience of a restaurant during the whole of my two week holiday. There are so many wonderful places to eat please do not waste your time and energy even giving this one a shot.

• Visited September 2012
lisa l, Owner at LauDan Restaurant, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
I don't know who you are and when you visited but if it was as bad as you say and that length of time WHY did you not ask to speak with the owner or fill in a customer complaint form.

Murcia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Our recent visit, left us biterly disappointed with both the service and the quality of food.

The location (on a busy crossroads, with constant traffic churning out diesel fumes) immediately cast some doubt as to our choice for lunch - but decided to 'give it a go'.

Having sat at our table for over 10 minutes, with no sign of service, one of the party went in search of a member of staff - who begrudgingly came outside to take our order. We pointed out that before we could order, we needed to see a menu.!

The waitress went in search of some menus and brought out ONE - to share.

Having ordered our meal, we ordered some drinks, which took forever to arrive. Shortly afterwards, our meals arrived, but was short on some side dishes. We waited more than 5 minutes for the side dishes to arrive - only they didn't. The 'waitress' was asked about them and said that they would be along in a few minutes. We are still waiting - 4 weeks later.

The food was simply awful, although the frozen fries were well cooked and plentiful. The bread was dry and hard. Fortunately the bill (minus the side dishes) was small.

No tip was left.

Not recommended - there are many more, and much better places to spend your time and money in.

• Visited August 2012
lisa l, Owner at LauDan Restaurant, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Can you please inform me as to when your visit was as neither my daughter who works for me nor the spanish members of staff have not reported anything to myself of the service that you received. It would be appreciated, thank you
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

5 of us went for lunch today and had the set lunch. I had the prawn cocktail which was very nice. The other had Pate which was smooth and tasteless.

One of us had beef which was okay but 3 had the fish which was described like hake. It was very soft and had the texture of pototoe they all did not like it. The waitress offered an alterantive but said there would be a 10 minute wait.

I had gammon and asked for it to be well done. It was almost raw. The chef came out and said it was cooked right but if I wanted it cooked more she would.

By now we had given up and we said we would pay for what we ate and leave. We were told that we would be charged for the set menu and drinks. We were given the bill and paid it (even though we had starters and one main course) and left.

We thought the way we were dealt with was poor and it will be the last time we go there.

The waitress did nothing wrong (except the cutlery was not right).

1 Thank gks24
lisa l, Owner at LauDan Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I would like to respond to the above comment in the way that this was actually dealt with as I was involved.
The 5 people who turned up late for their reservation were shown to their table and given the choices of the menu of the day , 3 choices of starters, mains & desserts, one of the party did
not like what was offered and so was given another choice, which was accomodating the customer. The choice of main course was explained and the fish also was explained that is was "spanish " fish not cod of which it turned out that they did not like the taste of it, they were also offered another course, free, but was explained to them that they would obviously have to wait as for two reasons, we were serving other customers and it was prepared fresh, of which they chose that they didnt have the time, i do not serve frozen sunday roast dinners, so for fresh dinners you should be prepared to wait.
The gammon was cooked in the same way for this party as all of our other customers and there were no complaints at all. We served 26 diners excluding the party of 5 and all of the plates came back empty and full of praises.
"By now we had given up" this comment is damaging as you had arrived late, didn´t like the course and was given an option to wait 10 minutes, in my opinion, which i am entitled to, if you go into a restaurant and order fresh food then you should anticipate to wait for fresh food to be cooked, i do not offer "fast food" take-away, go to macdonalds if you wish to be served within 5 minutes!!
It was explained to you that you had your starters, was served your main course and therefore you hadn´t the time to wait you should pay for the courses, there was nothing poor about this service, ordinarily, having had 3 choices of each course you wouldnt be offered another choice , but we accomodated this.
All of the other 26 diners can´t be wrong.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never been disappointed.”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It is a shame to see negative reviews and everyone it entitled to an opinion but I have never been disappointed at Laudan and return there every time we visit our apartment on Terrazas de la Torre. They offer good quality meals at very reasonable prices and are accomodating, friendly and have free activities to suit many tastes and ages. Give it a go!!

1 Thank Jantdlt
Exeter, United Kingdom
“I Have To Object”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i have dined their on several occasions in the day and evening and never have experienced what you are proclaiming. The staff are very friendly and speak english and spanish, they offer a good selection of spanish and english varied tapas not always the norm but i like to try different things when in another country.

As we have become what you would say "regulars" when visiting our apt on La Torre we have become friends with the owner who is english and speaks very good spanish i find it very hard to understand your comments re your dog situation as we have seen first hand she welcomes the dogs first before the customers as being a dog lover herself she has rescued 3 dogs and offers always water to the 4 legged friends

I and my family also went to the first buffet bbq and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, as i recall the person complaining about the bbq the family continued to eat, so it couldnt have been that bad. We all stayed well until the night as did others and everyone commented on how much they enjoyed themselves, when we are out again in a few weeks this will be our first point of call

• Visited July 2012