“Thank God, we found this place!”

Parador Villa Parguera
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lajas
Reviewed June 1, 2012

This is was an awesome place. We loved it and can't wait to go back. We have stay in many Luxury hotels in Puerto Rico, but nothing like this. The Location was perfect, the staff was great, the food was ok but overall I think this is a winner for us. They have some Islitas, WOW!!! Never though in my wild dreams we were going to be in an Island buy our self!! LOL It was so funny, but I tell you it was the best experience we had in a long time. You guy's need to try thos Islitas out, and see for your self. I truly recomended.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ortizjf07

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

It is a great location but the rooms are dirty and with a furniture from the 80's. We paid a lot for nothing, the bathroom was extremely small, toilet was not working and the carpet was old and dirty. Hinestly I think they can do better

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Mayere
Reviewed May 10, 2012

It's a lovely place. Not fancy, cozy, in front of the sea, views are amazing, service too; I would here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank arnaldostripdiary
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The room is small, you can hear the traffic, it's not the Hilton but for the price you couldn't ask for more. We spent three nights at the Parador Villa Parguera and have no complaints. The parador is a bit dated but compared to other paradors that I have stayed at this one has to be the best. The rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The grounds are very well kept and the view of the bay is beautiful. The area itself is a very sleepy except for the weekends when the town square comes alive. When making reservations as for a room in the caribe wing as these are buffered from the traffic noise better than the main building.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank curiousGuy
Reviewed February 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed here as we travelled around the island. The parador is a sweet little place, we had a second floor room which was a comfortable size for two, very clean with a fresh tropical decor and a balcony with a view. The beds were comfortable , the bathroom was a bit dated but clean and more than adequate. The grounds were immaculate and enjoyablable to walk around or just sit and relax. The pool was clean and opened early good way to begin the day. The ac worked well. Front desk satff were polite, helpful and bilingual. The hotel is very well located. We were right near the town square and Johnny's Boats.
We did not eat at the restaurant wishing to explore the small town. The town square comes to life at night with vendors and food staff , do not miss the marlin from the kebob stand it was great and went very well with Medella beer. We did go out into the Phosphorescent Bay and were disappointed. I have been there before and saw little activity this visit though it was a clear still evening,I found the boat very crowded and the I guess diesel (?) smell from the boat was unpleasant. I didn;t rememeber this from past visits.
It was very safe and enjoyable to walk around the town don't miss Moon's Bar very enjoyable stop for a drink and tapas- fresh, tasty and well served , great customer service. There isn't much in the town which makes it a nice low key stop in a tourist friendly area.
I recommend it for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: .Ask for a second floor room with a view avoid being on either corner as those rooms will probably b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Eve26
Reviewed February 14, 2012

This charming hotel of 74 rooms is more like a country inn facing a peaceful stretch of the Carribean Sea. The rooms with porch or balcony face a grassy lawn studded with palm trees and a peaceful view of a quiet harbor beyond. There is an inviting swimming pool and another section with a nice little courtyard. The courtyard rooms also looked good, but did not have the view. The dining room and bar service were excellent and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate any requests. One day, we came back to our room around 3PM but the bar/restaurant was not yet open. I asked the woman at the front desk if there was any way to get a glass of wine. She said "absolutely," then got up, went behind the bar, filled a wine glass and told me she would charge it to my room later as she did not have access to the cash register inside the bar! Also, the hot coffee was available every morning in the lobby at 6AM sharp, so we could enjoy our coffee on our patio while watching the sunrise.

Room Tip: I definitely would prefer an ocean-view room with patio or balcony.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laurieface
Reviewed February 7, 2012

A beautiful setting on the Caribbean Sea. The hotel may be old but in a nice setting .If you are looking for a five star hotel this is not it .The rooms are nice and clean, the maid service is excellent. The food was very good with a Puerto Rican flavor.The town is small and has a small supermarket for you needs. You are in walking distance to all water activities, Kayaking ,snorkeling, swimming ,scuba or just laying on the beach.. It is a family run establishment where the staff is helpfull and friendly.. Whould I stay there again YES

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view as some rooms do not have a sea view
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaptainNorm
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lajas
Combate Beach Resort
Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino
Villa Cofresi Hotel
Villa Cofresi Hotel
#1 of 7 in Rincon

Been to Parador Villa Parguera? Share your experiences!