“Calm and relaxing atmosphere, priceless view while dining.”
Review of Casa Maria Hotel

Casa Maria Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Port Maria B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida
“Calm and relaxing atmosphere, priceless view while dining.”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I frequently visit the Casa Maria hotel in Port Maria Jamaica. It's perfectly situated between Ocho Rios and Port Maria, the drive there is wonderful in any direction. World changing history all around, a story at every turn, every corner beautiful fruit trees. Getting to the hotel I realized is on a hill overlooking the Caribbean Sea. The grounds were well maintained, the trees dancing in the cool Caribbean wind. I checked in and first went to the dining area and that is where I saw the out door dining area with direct views of the country side and Caribbean Sea. The bar there is called the 007 bar, i was excited to hear from the staff that Ian Flemming the author of James Bond spend some time here. After hearing that I was in the mood for a James Bond movie but they didn't have any on at the time. I went on vacation to relax and get away which i did sitting there feeling the wind and enjoying my authentic Jamaican meals, I was in paradise. I enjoyed taking with the staff and learning about their culture and customs. I enjoyed how nice it was to feel welcomed to a hotel and not the usual check in and spend all your time sitting in your room until your vacation is over then go home, I have been to those hotels and paid lots of money, but not Casa Maria. I got the real Jamaican experience and loved every minute of it, I learnt so much about Jamaica and it's people from Jamaicans. What's the point of going to a exotic location and not experience the culture, been there done that not doing that again. What I will do again is go back to Casa Maria.

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank f1re_nick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for approximately 6 days and was tempted to extend my stay. Though my trip was mainly for business reasons, I was taken away by this breath taking view, I forgot my trip wasn't leisure intended. I have stayed at numerous beach front hotels in Jamaica but this view is like none other. The staff made my stay comfortable. I enjoyed chilling at the 007 bar sipping on a cocktail or an ice cold red stripe beer while waiting to be served my food. Will I ever stay here again? Yes, yes and yes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Danielle Denise A
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My first time here was by myself and it was amazing. This time it was my husband, our baby and myself. The rooms were nicely renovated. I noticed a lot of great changes. The driveway was nicely paved with a new huge sign at the entrance. The staff and food GREAT as usual. Pool really clean and relaxing. We were even offered a bassinet to be placed in our room for our son. Big up to one of the chefs Richie, your jerk chicken with rice and peas was finger licking good. My husband and I are already planning our next trip. We love Casa Maria!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sue W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

What a shame that this hotel has not been cared for.
Great location with lovely views but it's glory days are gone. Once frequented by the rich and famous this could be a real upmarket gem.
The manager was unhelpful and when we requested to change the mattress he said there was no one to carry it, so we said we old carry it and he still refused.
If your heading to Port Maria, stay somewhere else.
Such a shame

Room Tip: If you must stay try and get a room overlooking cabrita Island
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Libby876
OwnerWAState, Front Office Personnel at Casa Maria Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

The reviewer could not have had any contact with the manager in this regard. Bedding changings are a routine task for our hotel. Adjustments are made upon guests requests. This would not have been a major situation to require the manager to get involved.

All bookings and guest requests/needs are handle by our front office staff. Front desk takes care of all room assignments and any and all other adjustments that need to be made to any room.

Casa Maria Hotel was renovated 2013-2014.

Travelers are raving about these Port Maria hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We just returned from a glorious week-long vacation during which we were based at Casa Maria in Port Maria, Jamaica. Our room looked out to the Caribbean Sea, as many do, so we were able to enjoy sunrises and cool easterly breezes with an uninterrupted view. Our meals were delicious, varied, and served by warm, smiling staff. The pool was sparkly clean as were the lounges and pillows. Across the street is the sea; many in our group happily snorkeled. The hotel is on the main street, making it easy to access transport to shopping or tourist attractions or other areas. The owners instantly made us feel comfortable and welcome. They had arranged our touring (on our request) and, as a result, we visited sites that were highly enjoyable. I am looking forward to my next trip to Jamaica and Casa Maria.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Debm5353
Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I was the kind of person to book a ticket and have a stay in negril. Just once I decided to try a more laid back kind of vacation. A friend of mine told me about casa Maria as his sister had her wedding there. I have no regrets. It's the most relaxing vacation I have ever had. The rooms were clean, AWESOME views, food great and reasonably priced. The menue options are great as well, i had an option to enjoy good jamaican food like curried goat one evening and like a lobster dinner the next. The staff made my stay comfortable. It's more of a easy feel alright kinda setting. I am definitely planning on making this place my spot to unwind. The wind at night doesn't require the use of a air conditioning unit or even a fan. It's so cool as the wind comes right off the ocean. At night I would sit on the balcony, sip my nightly coffee and watch the moon light sparkle on the ocean. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Lovebirdd
Philipsburg, St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at Casa maria for a few days in late December 2013, with a group for my son's wedding. The manager and staff were very nice and helpful. I stayed in room #27, I had a great view and the room was very clean, except I could not get on the internet.
I will sure be back. Thanks again for the last morning breakfast.
Groom's mom!

Room Tip: All the room are great, but #27 is my first choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
#1 of 2 in Oracabessa
Galina Breeze
Galina Breeze
#1 of 6 in Port Maria

Been to Casa Maria Hotel? Share your experiences!