Casa Maria Hotel
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsreal jamaicacultural experienceocho riosceiling fanchicken curryjames bond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for almost two weeks in June. My Husband is a local and we started our trip at his family place in the country. We were going to stay at the hotel for only two or three days but ended up loving the comfort. The hotel is not fancy or new but it is very very clean and the staff is so friendly and kind. It was my first time in Jamaica and I fell in love with it. I wanted to stay...lol

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GabiJW
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and i stayed at the Casa Maria Hotel for a few days in July 2011. We had a wonderful time. We wanted to get away from everything and just stay at a place where we could relax and feel at home. Very Clean facility, very friendly staffs that went out of their way to assist you with anything you needed. When we got up in the mornings we usually go out and return to the hotel late in the evenings. Whenever we got back, the room would be spotless, our things were safe, and we just felt at home with everything. We are going back this year for a few days and we are definitely looking forward to this stay. Wonderful hotel and i would recommend it to anyone who isn't interested in the hustle of the regular resorts in Negril, Ocho Rios, Mobay etc. This is the Place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 14 on the second floor is so comfortable and cozy. We loved it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Faye907
Reviewed March 18, 2012

We recently stayed at the Casa Maria Hotel for a conference. We were very disappointed. We had a deluxe ocean front room, that included barking dogs at night and road noise. The hotel is in need of major reservations. The rooms were very small, but I must say they were not dirty. The food was mediocre, at best and not much variety. They served steak one night that could not even be cut with a knife, let alone chewed. Compliments to Angie, Cortney and Ricardo (bar tenders and waitresses). They were great. The beach across the street is so bad. Trash and more trash. Also, there is a little shanty type restaurant/bar. They did not seem to have more than maybe 3 cars at the place all week. This is where there were 4 or more dogs. At night they let a doberman or similar looking dog out to guard the place. He is the one that did the barking. The hotel is 2 hours from the airport and there is not much nearby.
Could not in all honesty recommend this hotel unless you are not picky about your accommodations and if you don't mind being away from everything and don't mind barking dogs, road noise and totally trashed beach.

Room Tip: Noisy rooms due to road noise and barking dogs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Saddle
OwnerWAState, Owner at Casa Maria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

I emphasis with you regarding the barking dogs which were owned by a person leasing the beach front property. I am pleased to report that lease has been terminated and the shanty and dogs are gone and will not return. The beach is cleaned frequently; however, it only takes one heavy rain storm to trash it again. In addition the rooms have been renovated with furniture and linens. Food and service is much improved. We hope you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

I must truly say that Casa Maria Hotel provided us with very good service and ambiance.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I attended Casa Maria Hotel for a workshop and as a facilitator i experienced difficulties with my equipment. The willingness of your marketing officer, Christopher to go beyond the call of duty and provide enabling service is the definition of exceptional customer service. I am truly impressed and look forward to a return visit.
Casa Maria Hotel is better than Galina Breeze.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business