All reviews national trust three chimneys tea and cake the lovely dining room within easy driving distance famous gardens whole week charming hosts homemade granola kent countryside local produce corner room lovely building wonderful weekend perfect place to stay home made cakes breakfast room
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband & I stayed at this beautiful farm house, we were greeted warmly by Anna and found our room easily. The room was lovely, clean with high quality bedding and towels. We had a lovely nights sleep in the super king size bed. We loved waking up to the peace & quiet other than the sound of the birds which was a lovely treat. The breakfast was exceptional, I can honestly say this was the best I’ve ever had & I’ve eaten quite a few over the years! Everything was fresh & high quality, well done! I would highly recommend this beautiful place.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stayed here with a big group for New Year's Eve and had a brilliant time. The farmhouse is charming and cosy, and was beautifully decorated for the festive period. It is set in a great location, surrounded by picturesque woods and meadows to walk in. We were provided with tea and cake on arrival, a delicious three course dinner, and breakfast in the lovely dining room the next morning. Really really recommend!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed at sissinghurst castle farmhouse over the new year and had a wonderful time. The farmhouse is a lovely building with lots of character. Our room was beautiful - dual aspect with lovely views. The house was spotlessly clean & breakfast was delicious.

The location is peaceful and offers great walks in the countryside and a huge, beautifully-decorated Christmas tree made the house feel so festive. We'll definitely be going back for another weekend escape from London!

Thanks very much for having us!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed November 24, 2019

My wife and I are working on a book together. We needed to get away from the quotidian interruptions and distractions of home so we came here. What a great decision that turned out to be! We stayed for a whole week, getting up early to work, breaking for lunch and a stroll around the castle grounds. Breakfasts are cooked to order and great. Even in the off-season, the castle has a little cafe and a larger restaurant open for lunch. Nearby villages provide good pubs for evening meals. Afternoon tea is a treat to look forward to with Anna's home-made cakes. Anna, Richard and Jill were friendly and helpful, even putting a second desk into our generously proportioned room. We are already planning to return for another writing retreat.

Room tip: There is a lift. This was important in our case.
Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 22, 2019 via mobile

Charming hosts, great location, lovely woods to walk in and very close to the gardens ( which are closed mid week in winter) .Breakfast quality is outstanding with local produce cooked to order plus cereals etc. Partner is veggie - again no issues. WiFi good too. Home made cookies in the room and a slice of cake on arrival !
Spotlessly clean.
Room was a bit chilly at first - I suspect the radiator was having to compete with massive old wooden framed windows. It did warm up though.
Relaxed atmosphere - great dinner at the Milk House up the road.

We both travel a lot and found this place to be first class - we will be visiting again I am sure.

Date of stay: November 2019