“A video of the event is a nice additive to the tour.”
Review of Cape Canopy Tour

Cape Canopy Tour
Ranked #1 of 14 things to do in Elgin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Only an hour from Cape Town, this is a must do activity for all adventure and nature lovers alike! Cape Canopy Tour takes you on an unforgettable journey as you slide from one platform to the next along a series of steel cables set amongst magnificent natural surroundings of a World Heritage Site, the Hottentots Holland Nature Reserve, in the scenic Elgin Valley.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed October 10, 2017

Ryan L, Owner at Cape Canopy Tour, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

All reviews
"biscuits"
"bumpy ride"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Did this as a walk in hoping to get a spot out of peak season (Oct 08) and was happy to get in on a morning group. The two guides (guide & safety guide) were great and made sure I felt safe and never pressured me to do anything on this first time zip lining. I started out quite nervous when I found the first run was over a gorge and not just down a shallow slope but they guides reassured me and on the first one even road behind me if I felt I needed to slow down (which I didn't).. after the first 2 runs participants have the option of bailing and I thought still a bit nervous was happy to continue.

I am a bigger guy a bit under the weight limit but once I learned to control my slide after a couple runs the biggest nervousness was just getting off the platform and getting going.. then it was all good. The guides used the EOL brakes on all participants, not just me as a bigger guy (230lbs) and I never came close to hitting the wall even though I had quite a lot of momentum which during the first few runs I was nervous but the guides actions reassured me.

I had a good time and my wife is still glowing hours later about the experience. I would absolutely recommend this outfit and if we ever make it back to SA would definitely try to get this back on our itinerary.

Random bits of information, the ride up to the zipline site is about 30 minutes each way, plus at the end about a 1km zig-zagging walk up the hill. We were told we could bring backpacks with our water but brought way more than we needed but it was a bit chilly in mid-October at the elevation. If we were to do it under the same conditions we would have left the backpacks that just had our water bottles and just brought one. They sell go-pros at the site if you get their early enough to get setup (but don't expect a new gopro to have charged batteries) and the helmets work well with the head mount.

The overall trip is a solid 4+ hours with 30 minutes of orientation, 15 minutes or so of gear up, 30 minutes of drive up, 2+ hours of zip lining on 11 ziplines (time will depend on your group) with about 5-15 minute break included 60% through, 30 minutes drive down, 15 minutes gear down.

Reviewed October 6, 2017

Ryan L, Owner at Cape Canopy Tour, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2017

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Best value for money / experience offered in South Africa I would say. Get in your car and do it! This is something everyone should at least do once. I cant wait to go back! Highly Recommended.