“From Bike to Sparkling Wine”

The Pool Room at Oak Valley
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Elgin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Relax on The Pool Room terrace, relishing country inspired cuisine, with ingredients sourced from the farm where possible. Feast on free range grass-fed beef, acorn-fed pork, charcuterie, naturally grown vegetables and freshly baked artisanal breads from the wood-burning oven. Wagyu, the famous cattle breed from Japan, where it is better known as Kobe beef, will be on offer from time-to-time depending on availability. Wagyu is a delicacy famous for its incredible marbling and flavour.
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Service impeccable, local wine selection outstanding, meal presentation and flavour mouthwatering! Great reward after exhilarating mtb ride on Oak Valley Farm

1  Thank Judy D

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We spent the weekend at Oak Valley, staying in a beautifully renovated cottage in the midst of an apple orchard. Perfect for a romantic weekend, look for it on the website (1902 Cottage). We had dinner at The Pool Room on Friday evening, we walked there from the cottage along the farm road under the moonlit sky. We had a superb meal, the service was friendly and attentive, the food beautifully presented. The chocolate fondant is highly recommended. We returned for lunch on Sunday, and our son joined us for Father's Day. We all had sirloin steak - pasture-fed beef from the farm - flavourful and tender. Home made ice-cream for dessert rounded off another perfect meal. All Fathers were given a complimentary pack of charcuterie, a nice touch. We will return to The Pool Room in summer, and reserve a table alongside the inviting swimming pool..

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We came across The Pool Room by accident and what a great accident it turned out being! We had no reservation and were lucky that we received a table as they are fairly small inside and were very busy. To start I had the duck liver parfait which was quite a large potion and very rich but delicious. My partner had the mushroom gnocchi which was to die for. For mains I had the fish which was cob served with a black ink pasta, mussels and a velouté - fish was cooked perfectly my partner had steak (sirloin) as they are know for and have both their own cattle and pigs. Their cattle are pasture fed and the pigs are fed acorns. The steak was of exceptional quality and the best we have tasted in a long time. Cooked and presented simply. With the steak being char grilled - by just the right amount. You choose if you would like and sides. My partner chose chips. Unfortunately we couldn't squeeze in any of their tempting desserts but we will definelty return and with a large appetite.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

This restaurant which serve meals of which practically all the ingredients come from the farm itself is quite exceptional. We only had a light lunch, but the atmosphere, the view the service and the meal just combined superbly into one of the best meals I've ever had. I would definitely go back

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We've been to Oak Valley a few times before for brunch and coffee and it was great this time we went for lunch and we were even more impressed! Stunning wine, the chardonnay is really great and went well with the pork chops I had for a main and the mushroom gnocchi my wife had for lunch. The pinot noir and sauvignon blanc is also very good.

We started off with a wine tasting and a charcuterie platter with some great cheese and cold meats made from the beef and pork raised free range on the farm. A big highlight on the farm is the free range grass-fed beef and the free range acorn-fed pork. This is by far the best pork chops that I had in my life! I will try the beef next time!

But be sure this is not only a for meat eaters! My wife had the vegetarian mushroom gnocchi that was just perfect. It was made from wild mushrooms growing under the oak trees on Oak Valley.

This is just such a highlight of the Elgin Valley and a foodies delight not to be missed.

Would highly recommend this!