1. We were sent to the wrong destination using the ‘get directions’ link on the email sent to us by Candlewood via TripAdvisor. The link sent us to an area you really do not want to go to. Having spoken to DeWet this has hopefully been rectified.
2. We attended the complimentary wine tasting but the host seemed more interested in the evening event than the family who had spent approx R12,500 to rent the property. Thankfully after raising the problem with management we received an apology.
3. The property is situated above the car park for the winery and when evening events are held this is somewhat noisy. The loud music, conversations and car doors slamming until well after midnight made for an uncomfortable start to the holiday.
4. As the property is part of a working winery be ready for workers frequently entering and exiting the garden.
1. The property is well equipped and tastefully decorated.
2. It is perfectly situated for visits to Franschhoek and Stellenbosch.