“Good for chat and coffee”

O'Callaghan's Delicatessen & Cafe
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Mitchelstown
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: O'Callaghan's Deli, Café and Bakery is a family run business established in 1988 by Pat and Mary O'Callaghan. O'Callaghan's has gained a reputation for providing fresh homemade food using locally sourced produce prepared with tender loving care, reflecting our motto: 'If your mother wouldn't pay for it, don't expect the customer to!' Located On Lower Cork St, Mitchelstown, O'Callaghan's Café serves food all day with extensive Breakfast and Lunch Menus. O'Callaghan's is the perfect place to break a journey, whether you have time to eat in or prefer to eat on the go, O'Callaghan's can offer everything you need!
Reviewed August 28, 2013

O'Callaghan's is one of the best places around for coffee or lunch. Good service, excellent food. Pleasant staff. Unfortunately, they don't have sweetners instead of sugar - a problem in all to many places in Ireland, even in some of the best of them. Surprising, given how many diabetics there are out there these days.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Would definately recommend, service poor though!! Overpriced aswell but very good quality food and a great atmosphere!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We used to regularly visit here while passing through Mitchelstown.

The food was out of this world, absolutely beautiful and nowhere in the locality (to my knowledge) can be compared to it.

However, I was not keen on how the place is run. I know it is a cafe and not a restaurant as such so it's all about quick service but I still found it off putting. You enter and the menu is written overhead the counter. I always felt like under pressure to quickly give my order to the rude waiting staff and if I wasn't ready or stood back I felt like a bit of a nuisance.
The food generally arrived quickly but was always practically thrown on our table by the sour waiting staff. They have absolutely no manners at all and don't even make an attempt to be pleasant. I stopped going eventually as even though we loved the top class food it was just insulting to be treated in such an appalling way.

7  Thank SummerMum13
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Myself and a fellow motorcyclist called in here for lunch. This is a great restaurant with a fine variety of fresh food prepared to order. I has a great salad and excellent desert for afters. It was well worth my while looking up tripadvisor for a recommendation! I will divert off the motorway for this venue in the future!

1  Thank Nightster1
Reviewed July 16, 2013

At this moment enjoying pan fried hake! Cabbage like I have never tasted, you have to eat here, well worth the trip. Staff apologised as the hake is cooked to order so there would be a delay!!!it is well worth the wait... I mean to say... Cooked to perfection!!!