“Good taste”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good taste”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

This Indian has been around for several years so it must be doing something right to survive in tough times. By Irish standards of Indian restaurants good. But on another level its too expensive. Mitchelstown is a small town and business could be so much better if only they figured out the pricing model. Take away is same as sit in which makes no sense. But if you are prepared to overpay the food is ok.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank DBOR1

Cork
“Tasty food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Food very tasty and well presented, large portions, reasonable prices and take away available too.
I missed the Sunday buffet so that's next on my list.
I'll definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Liam M
Madrid, Spain
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Nice food any day of the week, big buffet lunch on sunday. Everybody with me enjoyed it. We like to go with family and friends for a treat.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank DiarmuidH90210
Cork, Ireland
“GREAT Sunday Buffet”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is truly delicious Indian food! I have eaten here with friends and family on four occasions and we ALL enjoyed the Sunday buffet! It's hard to imagine that it is tucked away in Mitchelstown, what a lucky find!

I have also had a takeaway, and it was just as good.

You can tell that there is a lot of pride in the ownership of Chili Tandoori!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank FBR1
Wigan
“Sunday Buffet.. nice treat, great price”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My Wife and decided to take a trip to Mitchelstown for an afternoon of Indian Buffet.
We were slightly reserved as we havent had a good / decent indian dinner in Ireland. We normally wait until we're visiting my parents in the UK.
The decor wasnt great but jesus, we werent there to lick the walls... We arrived at 3pm for the buffet which ends at 4pm. The choice of food isnt vast but you have a selection starters and mains. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. It tasted great. I tried a few new dishes. The Korma was the best Id tasted ever.
The downside for me was that the food wasnt especially hot, as in the temperature. That was slightly disappointing but still the taste was amazing.
We sat in a very quiet restaurant with only another couple in the room. I wondered if it was busier earlier or later? As we dined, another couple arrived. We were left to enjoy our food and talk together. The only thing disturbing us was the ring of my phone which I quickly switched off in order to enjoy this time with my beautiful Wife. It got busier the later it got but still very pleasant. Im highly anti social but it was spacious enough for people to sit were they wanted.
I would recommend dining here. Food great! We then went for a walk through Mitchelstown to walk off our feast. Very filling and good value for money... tastes even better when you're Wife is the best in the world and pays for it like a good en!
Id highly recommend this place. The foo

• Visited January 2013