“The Best Place I've Stayed in Ireland”
Review of Ballinwillin House

Ballinwillin House
Ranked #1 of 5 Mitchelstown B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“The Best Place I've Stayed in Ireland”
Reviewed April 25, 2010

I first stayed at Ballinwillin House in early December, 2009 while on a work assignment and loved it so much that I decided to return with my fiance and both sets of parents when they came to visit from Canada. Patrick and Miriam are more than excellent hosts who have really set the bar for hospitality and comfort. During the first stay,they offered to pick me up from the bus stop and showed me where I would be working for the week as I'd never been to Mitchelstown before. Once we arrived at the B&B, I was welcomed into their beautiful home as a member of the family and felt comfortable instantly. The beautifully decorated guest house was a haven. The beds offered me the most restful sleep I'd had in a long time and the breakfast was second to none. During our stay with our parents, they offered a fantastic wine tasting and gorgeous dinner. Their son gave us a wonderful tour of their unique farm, where they take care to treat their animals well and put their heart and soul into all that they do as a family. Staying here was such a treat. I would highly recommend the experience to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
dublin
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We had a lovely stay at Ballinwillin House. We arrived a little later than planned which was no problem and we recieved a very warm welcome from the owners of the B&B. We were so delighted with the accommodation - the rooms are so well decorated and we felt like we were in an expensive hotel.

We then had a wine tasting which was great fun and enjoyed wonderful conversation and food. There is a beautiful wine cellar at Ballinwillin House which has lovely stone walls and racks of really tasty wine which we really enjoyed!!!!!!

The next day we were taken on a tour of the farm at Ballinwillin House - we saw everything from deer to ducks and iron age pigs! It was really beautiful. I would definitely recommend Ballinwillin House and the hospitality we recieved while staying there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keentraveller3008
newbridge ireland
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Spent an overnight recently in one of the Apartments. Tastefully decorated. Spotlessly clean. Breakfast freshly made. Whole atmosphere - comfortable and relaxing. Lovely walks,- deer grazing happily along the driveway. Great wine cellar.- (with wine tasting evening and option)

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Landsdowne
Kaposvár
Reviewed December 11, 2009

I spent 2 weeks at this beautiful place. Service is excellent and the owners are really nice and really helpful. Thy have a charming wine cellar there where I had the chance the taste the best quality wines from all around the world. Breakfast is perfect, everything is home made. Apartments are high class, very friendly with a warm atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Cork
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I cant wait to be sent to this area again so we can stay at Ballinwillin House.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mitchelstown
Kilcoran Lodge Hotel
The Grand Hotel Fermoy
Abbeyville House
Abbeyville House
#1 of 7 in Fermoy

Been to Ballinwillin House? Share your experiences!