We got here on 23 dec. booked this place 2 weeks prior the visit with clear instructions of coming with child. Fully suprised for location. The territory is really looms huge but...
1. Sea beach is dirty. Extremely dirty. Sigarets, left over foods, paper, disposals, trash and other not so good looking materials are on the sand. Sand is black. Lots of locals annoying offering their massage, foods, travels services, pearls sales and etc.
2. Rooms are old, barely innovated in 90s. Since then i dont see any chnges could possibly be made.
3. Furniture is trashy, scuicky and partially broken. Teared down mattresses on beds. Insects in the corners.
4. Dirty pool areas.
Broken or waved wooden floors. Lights somwhere not working. Door locks is barely operating and takes for few times to slide the key to get the door open. Imagine you have child locked up!!!
5. Personnel is friendly as almost everywhere in Asia, but regardless their smile and polite talking, they don't care a dime of your needs or concerns.
6. Room phones are not working.
7. Wi-Fi accessable but internet connection is not or very poor. Imagine my Telkomsel 3G card works faster then their entire internet system.
8. Careless personnel only has excuses.... Typical to Indonesia Sorry Mister or Sorry sorry sorry Pak. That is it. Believe you have somethink to request? Do it your self.
9. Advertised on their website for child playgrounds and baby cribs availability is holy lie. None available. It took me 3 hrs fighting and waiting to get one delivered at 02:00am.
10. Promised International Buffet in breakfast is mothing but the words. No boiled eggs, no porrage, very limited fruits and vegitables. Some papaya, water melon and last season apples they have. But if your expectations are chiken, pork, european standard omelet or porrage - forget. It is not the place.
11. Besides you are eating in rooms, be prepare, the fridge is capable for 2 bottles of water and small cans of pops. Nothing else could be placed.
12. Cannot blame the weather, we hit the raining season, but no chance to spend your time at this resort. Its empty! Fully empted;)
Whould i want to go here again? Guess your self? But I will never come here even if they pay me for that. So recommendations - pick another place, unless you want a feeling as locked in 4 corners with high walls asides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Senggigi, The Santosa Villas & Resort offers a range of accommodation styles from hotel to private pool villas with all amenities. The free form lagoon size pool, right on the beach, is the focal point of the resort to relax and enjoy the sun setting over Bali from the Sunset bar. Other facilities include bars, restaurants, 24 hour room service, tennis, kids club and conference center. Your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Santosa Villas & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Santosa Villas Hotel Senggigi
- The Santosa Villas And Resort
- The Santosa Hotel
- Santosa Hotel Mataram
- The Santosa Villas & Resort Lombok/Senggigi