The Santosa Villas & Resort
$93
$74
$207
$123
Jeeva Klui Resort(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$91
$87
$89
$67
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$112
$54
Qunci Villas Hotel(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$148
$142
$70
$48
Agoda.com
Holiday Resort Lombok(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$136
$56
Agoda.com
$101
Sudamala Suites & Villas Senggigi(Mangsit)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
All reviewsno alcoholsenggigi beachswimming poolbuffet breakfast isart marketan upgradesentosaindonesiasunset
Reviewed January 11, 2013

i have recently stayed in this beautiful resort and its hospitality is the best. People in Lombok are just so friendly!!!! The Resort has a wonderful view of the sea and yo can also view the sunset, it is just so beautilful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ServinStephane, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for your review and comments, I will pass on to my staff.
We do hope you will come agin to Lombok for leisure this time so you can enjoy and explore our wonderful island

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I spent a night at this hotel and was impressed by the ambience and location. The pool and beach beyond are attractive. My room was in good condition and everything worked. The bathroom was well designed and functional. Food in the restaurant was plentiful, tasty and politely served. The convention areas were nicely appointed and well airconditioned. Yes, this hotel is a long way from the new airport. But then it is not far to the Gilli diving islands and the monkey colony. If you want a pleasant stay on Lombok by the beach, this may be it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We hope you had a good trip back home to Sydney, and thank you for your review.
I will pass on your complement to my team and we do hope you willl come back to Lombok in the near future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

The hotel has a good location close to all restaurants and shops. The beach at the hotel is crowed, not white and full with sales people, so we did not once stayed at the beach. The rooms are out dated and not all is working. We had to move out of our first room as the AC was broken. The second AC was dripping water,... but we than left it. Especially the bathroom was very poorly cleaned.

The breakfast is every day the same,... we stayed 8 nights so were fed up with it. The quality of the food was also not that good.

They say they have wifi in the hotel, but that is so slow that I gave up trying.... in the room there was no wifi at all.

There are two reasons why I give it average and not lower - 1 the pool and 2 the price. The pool is really nice and can compete with most other properties. There are toys in the water for the kids and it is big. The price, as we got a good offer for our stay, I do not want to complaint too much,.... you get what you pay for. But if you are planning to spend a lot of money on this hotel I would say, maybe reconsider.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review and we will look into some of the issues you mentioned, we have appointed a new chef, and will change the breakfats menu so better rotation of dish so it is not the same all week long.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We arrived on 28 December after having booked with Booking.com. It looked great on booking.com and the price of 165 USD per night ought to be a guarantee for top quality and top cleanliness. Unfortunately it was not like that. As described by others above, the bathroom was not very clean and appealing. The outlet of the tub was full of rust and there were ants crawling around inside the tub. There was also a smell of sewer outside the room and in the bathroom as we arrived. The smell disappeared after a while but came back the next morning.

The lighting in the room was not very cozy. There were no lamps around to create a homey atmosphere. There were two pictures in frames over the bed, but they were not aligned, so it looked very sloppy. Otherwise, the walls were pretty naked.

Usually hotels need a minibar in the room in order to get the 4 star rating. We found the minibar..., but it was just empty. We could order drinks from the rooms service and so we did. We could not get four bottles of sparkling water, so we had to accept two bottles of sparkling and two bottles of still water. I did not really understand the reason, but I think they were out of sparkling water. A bit strange for a hotel with 194 rooms. We could not find the bottle opener anywhere, so I used my Swiss Army knife. Maybe there was an opener somewhere, but we did not find it.

The floor had some sticky stains, which was not so appetising.

The breakfast buffet has a big selection of various foods, but there are almost too many warm dishes that look like left-overs from the day before. It would have been nice with more variety of bread and cereals, cheese and meats. But I should not complain, there was a lot to eat, and the omelette was very good. The juices, though, were this kind of concentrate you dilute with water. Nothing like freshly pressed fruit juice.

Just for comparison: For 15 USD more per night we got a beautiful room at the JW Marriott in the business district of Jakarta. That was a real five star hotel where all the staff are really dressed up and very welcoming. There you felt that you got value for the money. At Santosa, it was the opposite.

I have to point out, though, that the staff at the front desk listened to us when we complained and they found another room. The other room was a tad bigger, but not really any better in terms of cleanliness and style. So we decided to move to another hotel. The good thing, and here I will give a compliment to the staff and the manager: We did not have to pay for the night we spent there.

Reading the replies from the manager to the other "grumpy" ratings above, I think they are trying there best to improve the quality. It is no easy business to care for spoiled travellers who have the habit of 4 and 5 star hotels in Europe and elsewhere. Usually a 4 star hotel in Europe is way better than the room that we had.

It looks as if there is a mix of old worn-down rooms and newly refurbished rooms. They should tell people about that and charge accordingly. I would assess that our room was worth about 40-50 USD per night as there was no sea view. Where we stay now we pay 60 USD for ocean view and the rooms without ocean view are 30 USD per night. And our room here, although in some ways more "rustique" than the Santosa room, has not rust in the bathtub.

The airconditioning unit made some funny squeaking noises in addition to the usual fan noise. Maybe time to lubricate or replace the unit.

The TV set was of the old CRT type with a minimal screen. From the bed one could hardly read the subtitles. Our cheap room in the other hotel has a much bigger screen and it is flat-screen.

Next time in Lombok, we will probably save a bit on beforehand and go to the Oberoi. There one gets world class luxury (rated fifth best hotel in Asia by Condé Nast readers) for about twice the price we paid at the Santosa.

I hope that I don't sound too spoiled and too grumpy, but when the daily rate is 165 USD one expects an impeccable room.

I have heard about hotel managers and owners who check in to their own hotels for a few days, just to find out how their hotel works in practice. That might be an idea here also.

I think the old rooms in Santosa need a complete makeover.

Cheers,

Geir

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Geir-Ole
ServinStephane, General Manager at The Santosa Villas & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Geir,
We do appreciate your review and comments, it is true that we had some technical issues in some of the room over the very busy period of december, and do hope you will visit us again for a better experience, we have been working on the main building for some times now and it will take another year for us to have it in much better shape.
Withe regards to your rooms, it was a main building standard room and the fact that you got your booking from an OTA like Booking .com, explains the rate, this room is usually $65, but as you know based on demand, price within the online booking engine systems do evolve because of inventory reduction, like you say in normal period you could get a room at the Marriot Jakarta for 15$ more, but that would be in regular season and the room you got in Santosa in regular season is 65$ not 150$. For the same pick period Marriot and Oberoi Lombok were at over 350$ a night. So things need to be kept in perspective and I do recommend you contact the hotel or a regular agent on pick season, most of the time some of the OTA rates on pick season do not make sense.
Rest assure that we will do our best as usual to better our property and service.and do hope you will visit us again and experience a better Santosa. until then do accept my team apologies for a less than perfect experience and wishing you and your family a happy New Year and a great 2013

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We booked two rooms during our stays in early December this year (room 1123 and 1125). First of all, the locations of the room were close to the entrance of main building, so we could hear noisy stepping sound of the wooden floor near the elevator even when we closed the window.

Then, the wall in the room 1125 (near the window) was dirty due to leaking water. This dirty wall would be covered by the sliding door if we opened the sliding door, but very obvious at night when we closed it. There were also several spots of termite-infected wooden parts (floor, door, etc.). In room 1123, we also found cockroaches in bathroom. The towels (especially the medium and small size towel) in both rooms were not replenished after second day onward.

We also found that the staff did not clean our room-service meal soon, even when we had put it outside our room.

I had a high expectation after reading reviews in this website, but was very disappointed to find the reality during our visit.

Room Tip: Do not choose room near main entrance near elevator. You can hear the stepping-sound of people walking on the wooden floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank merlion121

Dear Ario,
Thank you for your comments and we do work hard to improve the status of the room in our main building, it is an old lady so it does take time, and I wish I had the cahnce to meet you during your stay so that we can sort out some of the issues you faced. Your imputs have all been forwarded to each department and rest assure tha we will do our best to make your next stay a lot more quiet and enjoyable.