Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Really recommend these guys to get your Open Water PADI

I haven't done a review before, but had to because this experience was so good. Our instructor... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2020
289maddic
Melbourne, Australia
Amazing diving experience!!! Turtles!!

Amazing personal experience. We were the only people diving on the day and were so well looked... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2019
db_board
db_board
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed diving with these guys while staying in Lombok. We saw turtles and reef sharks, so I got exactly what I came for. Professional guys! Strongly recommended!

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank TelaTelaTela
Reviewed October 17, 2018

Dove with Dave. Great experience. They provided all the gear, and a very nice 2 tank dive. I'll dive with them again. I just wish I had more time for diving on this trip.

Date of experience: November 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank BWild2222
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Small groups and attentive guides made our 3 diving days to the Gili Islands a fabulous experience. Everything was set up for us - but with usual safety checks always :). Nice relaxed break between dives on one of the islands. Would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Booking
It was a last min booking. Our hotel quinci helped us call around. Scuba froggy was Idr 1.5m for 3 dives Inc lunch but had 12 divers so we decided to go with blue marlin dive which was Idr 1.1m for 2 dives. The booking was easy and the lady was very helpful

Transfer
Next morning they picked us up on time at 845am. First to the dive shop to sign waiver. They never saw our diving licence. Then we drove for 40mins to the dock and transferred to the boat.

The boat was an old outrigger two motors. Neither of the motors started and after awhile one of the motor started and we were on our way. However ever a little way out when they tried to start the second motor the whole thing caught on fire. The crew put the fire out and we continued our journey to the Gili meno island which took about 30mins.

Dive shop
I had my own equipment but my partner needed a full set of equipment. The dive shop equipment area was run down and dark. No clean place to set up camera needed to do it in the boat. The rental equipment was ok. When we got back from the dives no clear space to wash my equipment. Very little tanks to wash and all were dirty. Again if you are bringing your own equipment it's a big hassle.

Dive
Our DM Dave took my partner who is a new open water diver through a complete briefing. In our first dive she had trouble equalising and the DM was patient enough to let my partner get comfortable and take her time.

We dove in Meno slope and turtle heaven. We didn't see much in Mano slope. The corals were not healthy there and loads of snorkelers at the end. Turtle heaven was true to its name was full of turtles. Everywhere you turn you saw turtles just at one point we saw approximately 8 turtles.

Surface interval
We went back to Gili meno for our surface interval which had nice sandy beaches to relax and grab lunch.

Overall the dive and the DM were good. It was the fire on the boat, the lack of clean space for setting up camera, lack of space and help to clean your equipment made it a 3 star rating

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Subra_syd
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

What do I really like about a dive centre? Blue Marlin has helped me put a finger on it.

A pick up from hotel at the time they said they would be there (a first for me)

Small dive groups and a small ratio of divers to DM’s.

No waiting around for other guests to complete admin or payment.

No enforced sales opportunities from locals.

The whole day was efficient with no wasted time sitting around.

Only let down was a lack of food or drinks, which the competition was offering, and at a lower cost. Blue Marlin had been recommended though, so we went for it anyway.

Date of experience: April 2018