Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Really recommend these guys to get your Open Water PADI

I haven't done a review before, but had to because this experience was so good. Our instructor... read more

Reviewed May 10, 2020
289maddic
Melbourne, Australia
Amazing diving experience!!! Turtles!!

Amazing personal experience. We were the only people diving on the day and were so well looked... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2019
db_board
db_board
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Sort and selected filters
Sort Filter
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Small groups and attentive guides made our 3 diving days to the Gili Islands a fabulous experience. Everything was set up for us - but with usual safety checks always :). Nice relaxed break between dives on one of the islands. Would definitely recommend.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Booking
It was a last min booking. Our hotel quinci helped us call around. Scuba froggy was Idr 1.5m for 3 dives Inc lunch but had 12 divers so we decided to go with blue marlin dive which was Idr 1.1m for 2 dives. The booking was easy and the lady was very helpful

Transfer
Next morning they picked us up on time at 845am. First to the dive shop to sign waiver. They never saw our diving licence. Then we drove for 40mins to the dock and transferred to the boat.

The boat was an old outrigger two motors. Neither of the motors started and after awhile one of the motor started and we were on our way. However ever a little way out when they tried to start the second motor the whole thing caught on fire. The crew put the fire out and we continued our journey to the Gili meno island which took about 30mins.

Dive shop
I had my own equipment but my partner needed a full set of equipment. The dive shop equipment area was run down and dark. No clean place to set up camera needed to do it in the boat. The rental equipment was ok. When we got back from the dives no clear space to wash my equipment. Very little tanks to wash and all were dirty. Again if you are bringing your own equipment it's a big hassle.

Dive
Our DM Dave took my partner who is a new open water diver through a complete briefing. In our first dive she had trouble equalising and the DM was patient enough to let my partner get comfortable and take her time.

We dove in Meno slope and turtle heaven. We didn't see much in Mano slope. The corals were not healthy there and loads of snorkelers at the end. Turtle heaven was true to its name was full of turtles. Everywhere you turn you saw turtles just at one point we saw approximately 8 turtles.

Surface interval
We went back to Gili meno for our surface interval which had nice sandy beaches to relax and grab lunch.

Overall the dive and the DM were good. It was the fire on the boat, the lack of clean space for setting up camera, lack of space and help to clean your equipment made it a 3 star rating

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank Subra_syd
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

What do I really like about a dive centre? Blue Marlin has helped me put a finger on it.

A pick up from hotel at the time they said they would be there (a first for me)

Small dive groups and a small ratio of divers to DM’s.

No waiting around for other guests to complete admin or payment.

No enforced sales opportunities from locals.

The whole day was efficient with no wasted time sitting around.

Only let down was a lack of food or drinks, which the competition was offering, and at a lower cost. Blue Marlin had been recommended though, so we went for it anyway.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank 462joei
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

My son completed the Open Water dive course with the Blue Marlin Dive Center. Bapak Saeful was very good and passion with children, lucky to have him as my son's instructor, feel my son in the right hand somewhere under the ocean. And the staff is friendly and helpful. My son and my husband had 6 amazing dives. I would highly recommend Blue Marlin Dive and Bapak Saeful. Will be back to Lombok and Blue Marlin!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We organised to do a Discovery Dive with Blue Marlin while we were staying in Lombok, as the Blue Marlin on Gili T was extremely busy!

Blue Marlin Dive were able to pick us up from the hotel and drive us to the marina where we took a boat over to Gili Meno - from hotel to Dive Centre on Gili Meno probably 1hr and a bit. It was only my partner and myself, as well as an instructor and we had one session in the training pool before we headed out. We were taken to some amazing dive sites over 2 days and saw the most amazing underwater sea life. Turtles, Lion fish, Stone fish, reef sharks and pretty much the whole cast of Finding Nemo!!

The instructor was amazing and kind enough to take some go pro footage of us while we were enjoying the marine life. We couldn't be happier with our 2 Discovery Dives - and booking it at Lombok was the best decision, as it was way more personal! If you're looking to dive with Blue Marlin do it from Lombok or Gili Meno as Gili T is very busy.

Absolutely loved our experience here - would recommend to anyone 100%!

Date of experience: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction