“Ask for the specialities” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Papa Besar Cafe

Papa Besar Cafe
Ranked #6 of 72 Restaurants in Senggigi
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Comfortable air conditioned dining inside or outside under a flowered Trellis or umbrella table. Second floor balcony is available for smoking. Catering and meeting/conference services are available. Wi-Fi internet service and cable television are available for customers. Entrance to the building is handicapped accessible.
Nendaz, Switzerland
“Ask for the specialities”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

A roadside cafe with air conditioning, but poorly decorated with drab abstract paintings.

However we visited this restaurant because we had read the cuisine was excellent, and we were not disappointed.

We asked the owner for the specialities de la maison, and had as an entrée a very good vegetable fritter, followed by a chinese 5 spices chicken dish.

Worth a visit just for the cuisine.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Linda M, Owner at Papa Besar Cafe, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
My Dear Friend From Switzerland:
Thanks for stopping by my cafe and taking the time to write a review about your experience. I enjoyed meeting you and it was our pleasure to serve you. Trying to please everyone is a BIG job for a LITTLE cafe. Just the same, we are challenged and will continue to try and provide the best dining experience possible. Wishing you the best now and in the future.

• Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Good food at a great price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went here on a Friday night. The restaurant was pretty empty and we sat upstairs on the balcony - I think the atmosphere would have been more fun if it had been more crowded, but still a very nice space. We ordered the vegetable fritters, spiced chicken, and crazy chicken. The vegetable fritters were good - lightly battered and a large portion. They do, however, contain shrimp which we did not know when we ordered them as they are described on the menu as "vegetable" fritters. The highlight of our meal was the spiced chicken. It is cooked perfectly and was very tasty. It was not spicy (as we had requested), instead it is actually quite sweet. We enjoyed it anyway. The crazy chicken was quite good as well - definitely worth ordering. At the end of the meal, the owner came upstairs to make sure we enjoyed our meal and to ask if we had any feedback on how she could improve. She was lovely to speak with and it made us feel like she cared about the food and her customers. The entire meal (with beer and water) cost us less than S$20 - an absolute steal for such a good meal. The service was great - very attentive. Our only complaint (if you can even call it that) was that we would have loved to have wine with our meal, however, there was no wine on the menu. Overall a very good meal.

• Visited April 2013
Dear Friends from Singapore:
Thank you so much for writing such a detailed review. I want you to know that we are listening and have taken many notes. Most of the best suggestions come from customers just like you. This is our first year of operation so we are paying very close attention to what our customers are saying. Thank you for helping us to continue to be successful. Again, thank you so much for your patronage and welcome to the Papa Besar family. I will share your comments with my staff.
Singapore
“Great Value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Staff friendly, food really nice local food. Good value for money. Would certainly make this a stop on the food trail.

Visited April 2013
Dear Friends from Singapore:
I'm happy to know that you enjoyed the Papa Besar experience. I appreciate your taking the time to review my cafe on TA. Thanks to you and others, more people will continue to stop by and give us a try. Thank you for being a part of our success story and welcome to the Papa Besar family. I will share this information with my staff.
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonderfully tasty food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

This little cafe that is located between a fixed price shop (A nicely run and good place that you can shop without any pressure) and a pet store is quite a find. The food is delightful and reasonably priced. Try the crazy or spiced chicken they are both wonderful. The owner came out and we had a wonderful talk about Senggigi. Staff is friendly and very understanding as we tried to get them to make a coke float which was a completely new concept to them. During our five night stay in Senggigi, we ate here more than at our resort. All the taxis drives that we had know where it was which made getting there very easy. During one of our meals, the chicken was a little burnt and they offered to replace it which we kindly declined. Not only did the owner not charge us for the chicken dish but gave us a complimentary dessert as well. The apple fritter was delicious. If looking for a place to have a meal in Senggigi try Papa Besar you wont be disappointed!

• Visited April 2013
My Dear Friends from Singapore:
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to review my cafe. I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and that we met your expectations. Each day more and more people are coming to sample the food, the atmosphere and the service. And now, because of your comments, future customers will come by to try us out. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for your patronage and welcome you to the Papa Besar family. I will happily share this review with my staff.
“Fantastic fabulous food in sengigi lombok with welcoming service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I came across this restaurant after reading the review in TA.i was staying in Kebun villa and its juz a 7min walk.the food in this restaurant is delicious and its ideal for families with kids.its a gd cozy environment and the service is great and the staff there will welcome you with a pleasant smile.even the owner of the restaurant is a very friendly lady.its worth going to this restaurant for a gd food.you will never regret and the prices are very reasonable.i juz went there to dine today and it was raining.the owner gave me two of her umbrellas for me and wife to use.its so kind of her and its kind of service which really impress me and also the good food...cheers

• Visited March 2013
Linda M, Owner at Papa Besar Cafe, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Friends:
Thank you for taking the time to review our cafe. We are so happy to know that we met all of your expectations during your recent visit. And a special "thank you" for letting our future customers know what to expect when they arrive. As your plans take shape to return to Senggigi, please include us in your activities. Again, thank you so much for your patronage and welcome to the Papa Besar family.