“Modern amenities, well landscaped and impeccable service!”

Living Asia Resort and Spa Lombok
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Senggigi
Reviewed August 11, 2014

From our arrival at the airport, we were greeted with a friendly smile of the driver whom we had organised with the resort for an airport transfer. The ride was comfortable and there was even a photo book in the vehicle with all the attractions in and around Lombok.

We checked into the hotel just before 1400, the room was amazing! The resort staff noted that it was a special occasion for us and had gotten the room all romantically prepped up! And soon after, they delivered a complimentary cake to compound the joy!

We booked into a garden view room on the second floor with beautiful views of coconut trees, well manicured garden and the ocean in the horizon.

The dining experience at the resort was also memorable; most of the tables face out to the open beach/sea and my tip would be to request for a table that is right on the edge of the restaurant, on the beach. No complaints about the food whatsoever.

On our second day we made an appointment with the in-house spa for the honeymoon package. Absolute bliss. It was so relaxing and about 2 hours later we were re-invigorated. The resort is about a 10 minute drive to Senggigi town and even though it was Eidul-Fitri, the resort had already made arrangements to ensure that guests would not have difficulty with transport arrangements. We organised for a vehicle to take us to town and we had a meal and explored the area. The same driver picked us up at an agreed time and location and he was so kind to take us for a short tour further past the resort to a high point of the area where we could see the Gili Islands and take in the beautiful scenery (great photo spot too).

I would definitely recommend this place and needless to say that if i were to re-visit Lombok, Living Asia will be expecting my reservation.

Many thanks to the staff, keep up the great service!

Room Tip: Request for a second floor room :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Living Asia Resort and Spa Lombok

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Overall lovely and enjoyable stay although some hiccup at the beginning with room and water system but excellent staffs who working there make all the trouble we had with rooms don't spoiled our holiday. We booked 5 rooms for 3 nights during family vacations last July and we all had a good holiday. I had a new wing which weren't really ready to sell to customer that time but I have to say the room are nicer than the old ones in term of design, layout efficiency and modern plus the bed I found better too (maybe coz it's new) but we had trouble with construction noise and hot water system. Staffs were very helpful to find solution which I really appreciated but in the end to shower to the other room I found very inconvenience. I expressed my concern to Mr. FADLIN FALLEY | Front Office Manager who followed up immediately and offered us a kind solution, discount for our current room, fruit basket and another room which it has a better ocean view and located in-front of the pool/pool bar which my daughter love it but it's bit old and smell. Hopefully Living Asia will consider some renovation and upgrading these rooms with same layout and design like their new wing in the near future. Unfortunately the water system was problem as well but the next day engineering fixed it. We never received our fruit basket but wasn't a big deal maybe they just forgot and I don't bother to ask. My daughter and I had an relaxing spa session too and we rent mini bus with the driver during our stays to explore Lombok which it great way to moving around Lombok especially if you traveled with family like us. Keep up the amazing service Living Asia and looking forward to see all lovely people in Living Asia on our next vacation to Lombok.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Herlien2014
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We arrived late to living Asia as our flight to Lombok was delayed. Staff were amazing and so nice on arrival. We were told in great detail about the resort and our room. Our dinner was a Lombok banquet which was so tasty and delicious! In the morning we had a great breakfast and a relaxing swim by the pool. Beach is very pretty and so clean. Room was nice and the outdoor bathroom was lovely. Great resort and my friend and I were upset it was only an overnight stay. Would definitely go back.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Living Asia and wish we could have stayed longer! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by the friendliest staff who made our stay an absolute pleasure. The resort is beautifully maintained, great pool overlooking the beach, yummy breakfast with lots of options and the Indonesian buffet we had for dinner was a delicious feast! Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very beautiful hotel with big rooms and outsider bathrooms. The infinity pool and adjacent beach are fantastic. The staff is very kind! Bluebird taxi's take you to the noisy center of Sengiggi for 25.000 idr.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed in the private pool villa last week in room 206. There are not a lot of reviews about the private pool villa so I will give a detailed review. Overall we were both very happy and thought living asia was beautiful.

Pros:
-Beautiful, well kept hotel grounds and gardens.
-At breakfast pancakes, waffles, eggs and omelettes all cooked fresh and made to order.
-Outdoor shower beautiful with stones and you can look up and see the sky.
-Private pool is great temperature, we swam heaps. Pool is very clean and staff regularly fill It up for us.
-Close to sengiggi town
-One of our bathroom lights pointing to shower was not working so we notified reception and by the time we got back to our room it was already fixed. So this was great.
-We ordered hotel transportation to pick us up from Teluk Kode boat port as we were travelling from bali to Lombok via boat. When we arrived the driver was there waiting with my name on a sheet.
-Living asia spa is really beautiful. The receptionist from the spa is so lovely and so friendly. The massage ladies are really lovely and peaceful too. The little private bathroom with bath behind massage tables is such a beautiful surprise.

Cons:
-I think the greatest con is after we have left I received a facebook message from a staff member from living asia who had obviously found my name from the hotel books and tried to add me. I am young so perhaps she thought it would be okay and just trying to be friendly. I don’t mind that much, and she was lovely but I just worry that others may find this breaches confidentiality and may be a bit strange. I did not talk to her whilst I was at living asia so found it a bit weird.
-On our first day at living asia we ordered room service around 2pm and left plates on outside table to be collected. We went out of our room and then returned at 4 to see that a staff member had come into our room to remove a hose from our pool but had not taken the dirty pile of plates. We left the plates there and left our rooms for dinner and drinks and returned to our rooms around 9-9.30 only to find that another staff member had come in to turn down our beds but had just walked past the dirty pile of plates and still not take it away. We had to call for someone to come and collect them, which they came immediately but this, we think, was unacceptable.
-As we had the private pool villa we wanted to spend lots of time lying around the pool so we wanted to get breakfast in our room. Living Asia said they did 24 hour room service but we wanted to double check so we asked a staff member who said that they would be happy to bring us room service. We also confirmed with the receptionist as to whether we could order food in the morning to come to our room, they confirmed it was okay. Then the next day when my boyfriend rang up to get the breakfast the person from room service said “Is there a problem? Is somebody sick? We don’t like to do breakfast room service”. We ended up just going to the restaurant for buffet breakfast but we were a bit upset at how some staff said it was okay, then one said no.
-The outdoor shower and private pool were beautiful but we felt the bedroom was really plain and needed better decoration. There was also a large crack in the wall to the left of the bed. The outdoor shower was really pretty however the rest of the bathroom was not as pictured. On the website they have beautiful plants and pot plants and orchids. It was quite plain. It would look great if it actually looked like the website photos. T
-The private pool did not have lights in it. There were lights around it but not in the actual pool so it was really difficult to see at night which I think could be a safety issue for small kids and it would have been much more beautiful to sit outside and see the pool at night.
-Living asia is located on a beach with waves and black dirty sand. There are hotels that are located on smaller coves, which have crystal clear water and whiteish sand with no waves. However we did not use beach so did not bother us too much.

I know I have pointed out a lot of cons but I just thought id make a couple of recommendations for the hotel. As you can see my star rating is still very high because we still really really loved it. The hotel grounds were beautiful and the staff were very friendly. I guess when we were paying a big price to stay in the private pool villa we wish some things were better.

Room Tip: Private pool villa, room 206. Pool gets a lot of sun which is good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Heatherwallace123
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed 3 nights at Living Asia while staying in Senggigi.Not much in Senggigi, this was a step off to the Gili Islands. It was a beachfront hotel, located on black sandy beach away from town. The rooms were comfortable and the pool,and surrounding tropical gardens were lovely. Each night themed buffet dinners were available, or you could choose from the menu and enjoy the ambience of eating at the beach. The staff were outstanding, they could not do enough to help, most attentive. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Private villa or rooms near beach or pool
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple