“amazing”

+ very pleasant stuff
+ sand beach and pool
+ brilliant food
+ nice resort overall

I recommend to visit the souvenirs shop in Senggigi (next to Indomaret chain) and also the views from nearby cliffs are breathtaking (we rented a motorbike from the hotel)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

An excellent resort. We stayed here for 3 nights in July. Had a private villa with pool. Hotel very well presented and clean, facilities well looked after and security at the beach front were very attentive to limit access for the occasional persistent sales people that come by.

The best thing about this resort are its employees. They have a great culture in their workforce and this rubs off on its guests. They were incredibly friendly, polite to everyone and well trained. I didn't walk past an employee who wasn't smiling and saying hello and who wasn't able to to answer any questions we had.

The food was a stand out. The breakfast buffet was very well done selection and quality wise. A live chef also cooked waffles, eggs, pancakes and traditional Indonesian breakfast dishes. We stayed one night for their dinner buffet and another live chef cooking in front of us our stir fry creations from a large selection. Yes it was more pricey than going outside but the atmosphere and quality made paying a little extra very justifiable.

They put on complimentary afternoon tea with cakes and savories every day and happy hour twice a day 25% off the drinks.

This resort has been able to provide a high standard across the whole board and I had an amazing experience staying there

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 974sirenac
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Being a new resort with ongoing construction at some part of the area, it may not be a perfect site for those expecting a truly enjoying view and sight. I was there for 3 nights and truly enjoyed my stay.

As nature as it gets, you may get a visit from the lizard (quite a big size though) in the open concept shower and bathroom. I had the opportunity to get the lizard out of the bathroom by guiding using a roll of magazine. :)

Enjoyed the pool with the ocean view and the ever ready smiles from all the staffs in the resort. (you get the smiles even from the gardener and those technical persons). With that, you really felt welcome to the resort. The best thing is if you are going for island hoping to the 3 Gili islands, you may get a personalized speed boat stop at the front of the beach in front of the resorts to pick you up and drop you off. (This depends on the ocean tide).

Room Tip: There are those tour operators and taxi ever ready and waiting at the resort entrance. Check with th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddy K
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I went ahead and gave Living Asia 4 stars instead of 3 because the friendliness of the staff. Otherwise, it would have been an average review. We just returned last night. Since this hotel seems to be getting a lot of trip advisor traffic, Ill do as thorough of a review as possible:

1. Responsiveness. The hotel is responsive. I was able to book massages in advance through email, and when I called to arrange airport pickup, they answered the phone and made the arrangements in good english. Whenever we called the front desk for something, they were swift to respond. Prepared our bill very quickly, with excellent supporting documents. Room paid through agoda. DSM dive arranged through the hotel, though they couldn't put it on the room? Don't really understand why not as there is a DSM office on campus.

2. Price: Room was paid through Agoda. I think we paid near $200/night for our Ocean facing room, which was overpriced for what we got, as I will describe below. I think this is more like a $120/night type hotel. Food and drinks are reasonably priced, as are the massages 20% tax on everything, so be sure to be prepared for that. Our friends paid nearly $100 for the room on a last minute booking, and I think that would have been great. THe price did, however, filter out some of the backpacker types which is a bonus. There was no riffraff at all. Diving was $70/day for 2 dives through DSM. Massage was $25/hour.

3. Rooms/Amenities: For a resort that is only 2 years old, the rooms showed quite a lot of wear. There were stains on the marble and on the ceiling near the bathroom. The refrigerator leaked. The room does't have nearly enough outlets. Lighting is terrible. I couldn't see to do my makeup at night in the bathroom. Lamps are insufficient. Also there are only like 2 hooks in the entire room--not nearly enough to hang towels, suits, etc. It's an easy fix to add hooks. Room was big, so that was nice. The curtains kept light out well enough. Balcony was roomy and chairs were comfortable. Note, it is only the chairs that face the ocean. Otherwise, the villa is facing the restaurant. They are all like this. Towels were nice and big. Sheets were soft, as were the pillows. Mattress was good. Good sleep experience--EXCEPT:

I say this with the utmost respect for the religious beliefs of any culture and individual-- there is a mosque very nearby and you will hear the prayers. This may not matter to some of you, but it may matter to some of you. Our first night at the resort, I did not sleep at all. BRING EARPLUGS as there are none in town.

I think mosquitoes bit me in the shower. It makes me nervous back there. I think they need a hose function in the shower to supplement the rain shower head.

Though the resort grounds are maintained beautifully, and the resort is beautiful, it feels sterile. There's no Lombok culture at all incorporated into anything. No art, furniture, music, uniforms, nothing. It's like Living Asia is trying to be like the W or some other trendy hotel. Maybe you like that, but I prefer a bit more personality.

WIFI was ok. It's not blazing fast. You can have 2 devices on your password. It will make you sign in over and over. You can use your same password for the entire property--pool, room, etc.

Location: Of course as others have said it is a bit outside of town, though I don't know why that matters, the town is nothing to write home about. If you go into town, eat at Quake, Yessy Cafe or Taman.

LIttle kids would be very bored at this hotel.

4. Food: We were delighted by the food. I don't know why people complain about the breakfast. It was plenty and plenty of variety for a resort of this size and capacity. The buffet is much better than it gets credit for. The local cuisine buffet was outstanding. Food at the pool is great. I had a chicken caesar one day, and I really enjoyed it. Nice tangy dressing. The local food is awesome at the resort. Best Soto Ayam on the island (we had it in 6 different places). Killer beef rendang.

5. Service: Service at the pool was AWESOME, which is rare. Restaurant service was great too, though on our last day the food order took too long and had to be canelled so our friends could make the flight. Not sure why a local food order took so long. Bar service was awesome. One night, they let us cork wine we brought and charged a fee of less than $10. I commend the staff here.

6. Spa: Spa was nice. Don't expect any serious bodywork--these are just nice relaxing massages. The oil was lovely. I agree with other reviewers though--best to book treatments in advance as the spa only has a few people working.

7. Pool: Pool is my favorite ever. It is just FABULOUS. THe ocean is too rough for normal swimmers, but it doesn't matter because the pool is so nice. I didn't feel that jockeying for pool chairs was too difficult, though it will be once the construction is finished and more people occupy the rooms. It will be hard to get a chair then. But the water is gorgeous, it's not too deep, the ocean is like a lullaby and sometimes they play music which is nice. I really loved the pool.

My overall take on this resort:

It's fine, really. For the $200 price, I will look at other resorts in the area next time. I liked Living Asia, but not enough to attach to it. My hunch is that the Sheraton is probably the best bet for Sengiggi, though I don't much like to give my $ to big chains, it's close into town and has a gorgeous bay. Beware if you're planning on diving, you will go to dive in the Gilis. The drive to the dive boats is about 25m from the resort, then about 20m boat ride to Gili T. It's no big deal and is a nice day trip, even if you don't dive. The Pearl has sun loungers and a pool that you can use for $10, including wifi and toilet. So if you want to get out of Lombok and explore that is easy. My husband dives, but I don't, so I am still searching for my "perfect home" on either Lombok or Gili. Gili is insane though, so do your research.

Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Be advised it is smoky in Lombok from burning coconuts/trash whatever.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DallasFlysolofemme
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We spent 4 nights at living Asia, service is fantastic from the time we were fetched from the airport to the time we left we were really 'spoilt' . Room had a great sea view and awesome outside shower. Very neat, clean , modern resort with local finishes. If you are looking for true relaxation this is the place. Thank you to Alex and his wife for making us feel like part of the family! It was exactly what we hoped for!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicky312659
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

After a recent stay at Living Asia I can honestly say the service was great! Attentive, fast and warm!

The problem lies in the room. I recommend to all trip advisor users to think carefully about booking a 'water view' room as actually (as far as I could tell) not many of the rooms have a good view of the ocean unless your in a villa. There was no water view from our room (323). You had to go out of the room and onto the footpath to see the water and even than the pool was in front.

Save your cash and get a garden view room. The gardens are well maintained and quite beautiful actually.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My husband, 8 year old daughter, mom and I stayed at Living Asia for 10 days. The best holiday ever! Everyone enjoyed themselves. Don't usually write reviews but could not help myself having read some negative comments, had to rebut these as they could not be based on actual experience. Don't be fooled ..... Breakfast was always fresh and provided excellent choice. We would spent 2 hours at breakfast trying all variety provided while just enjoying the view and the sound of the waves! Service is excellent at any part of the resort and we are already making plans to return in September!

Stayed: July 2014