“A new hotel in the quite area” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Living Asia Resort and Spa Lombok
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Senggigi
Moscow, Russia
“A new hotel in the quite area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Our staying in Living Asia was very pleasant. A hotel is new, and not finished yet, they operated just some rooms close to the beach. But we didn’t see any construction work or something. Rooms are spacious and nice, I liked their outdoor shower! A pool is nice, as well as a beach, but there were to strong waves for me to swim :(
I liked their restaurant, food was usually nice (except our last breakfast with a salmon mini-stake which was definitely not fresh) . Staff was exceptionally attentive, and they always tried to help, sometimes even too much :)
A hotel is in 10 minutes from Senggigi beach by car, which is a main spot here, but it’s not a problem, cause taxi is very cheap.
Overall – very nice impression, will recommend it to my friends.

1 Thank AlexandrinKo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
The Entrance, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I absolutely loved this Hotel, the spacious room, the lovely clean new decor, the outdoor rain shower, the great food. Above all, it was the brilliant staff that made my stay so special and their continuous attention to detail and excellent service. I attended their First New Year Party and felt like an honoured guest. The Resort was not complete when I stayed but it made very little difference as taxi fares into Sengiggi are very cheap (for spas and massages) and its only a ten minute drive. The Hotel is close (15-20 minutes) from boat departures to Gilli Islands and Bali which I didnt realise until I arrived. Whilst I was there they included an afternoon tea each day by the pool-fantastic! Overall an excellent stay and great value for the money. I highly recommend this wonderful relaxing resort and really appreciated the caring staff family during my stay. THANKYOU to the Living Asia Team!!!!

Room Tip: Until the hotel is complete by the middle of 2013, all rooms pretty much have ocean views and short...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank ChezOllie
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4 nights at Living Asia, and were pleasantly surprised. Yes they are a new resort and no, it is not finished yet, but don't let that deter you. We think that Living Asia will be fabulous especially once the bar and spa are finished and ready for operation. The staff are wonderful and very accommodating. We were there for the New Years Eve celebration and it was great to see them all so obviously proud and happy to celebrate their first ever NYE. The food that night was amazing, plentiful, and beautifully presented. We loved the pool and the outdoor bathrooms were some of the nicer ones we've seen.

One of the staff, Ali, organised a driver and guide for us and we did a day tour to see some of the sights around Mataram and central Lombok. Although the resort is a little way out of Senggigi, it was no problem to get a taxi. Some restaurants in town (the Taman and Asmara) even provide a complimentary pick up and drop off service which is fabulous.

Overall, don't come here expecting a highly refined resort as they are still finding their feet. But if you come for a relaxing time out in a friendly environment, then you won't be disappointed. We also stayed at the Sheraton in Senggigi and I actually enjoyed being at Living Asia much more. The Sheraton is old and out of date, although the grounds are lovely. However we felt more comfortable and valued during our stay at Living Asia.

Great work guys - Mr Frank and Nicole will be back again to see how things are getting on!

1 Thank Ausnic71
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I have just left Living Asia, and I really liked it. I stayed in room 326, which is probably the best room in the resort, so maybe my review will be a bit biased, but you can see for yourself by the photos I post. My room was an ocean front room, on the top floor (of 2 floors). The top floor rooms are nice because you get the high thatched ceilings that you wouldn't get on the bottom floors. The bathrooms are lovely, with that added extra touch of the outdoor shower.
The beaches in Senggigi are not white - they are volcanic, so don't expect to see beautiful white sandy beaches. If you want white sand, go to Kuta Lombok or the Gili Islands. The hotel guys sweep the beach, and you get very few hawkers. It is set on a stretch of beach that not many people frequent, so is nice an quiet.
The main part of Senggigi is only 10 minutes in a taxi for 20,000rp (around AUD$2), so it is worth getting a taxi in one night for dinner and if you want to do any shopping (not that there is much there!!!).
The restaurant is good at the resort, even if it is a little expensive for Indonesian standards ... but that's normal in a resort who pay more for their staff etc. breakfast is ok, but make sure you ask for a menu - they don't offer it unless you ask. Lunch by the pool was good - quite a selection. Dinner was also good, and they have the ala carte menu each night (although again, I didn't know this until I asked on the second night - they like you to do the special!), and also a special cooking type menu. There was a seafood BBQ one night, a wok fried thingy one night and I can't remember what the other night was - I think maybe a noodle thing. Anyway, the ala carte meals were huge, and I found that there was no way I could eat a starter and main after the first time I tried!
All in all, I really enjoyed this place, and yes the spa is not open yet and there is still rooms unfinished, but I guarantee nobody has paid full price for this hotel, so we have been fully compensated for a little bit of inconvenience. The price will go up once it is all done, so take advantage of the cheap prices now!
I'll be back next Christmas/New Year ... save my room for me Mr Andi!!!
By the way, a taxi from the airport costs 150,000rp and takes around an hour. Go out and ask the guys on the footpath outside the main gates - don't buy from the taxi stand ... they double the rate!!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jackie Y
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Decided on this hotel after all the raving reviews.
It was nice... but disappointing.
Firstly I booked an 'ocean view room' on Agoda. And there was definitely no ocean view from my room - just walls. Something I will be making sure Agoda is clear of as clearly the information the hotel has given them is wrong.
The place is nice but feels really sterile. It feels like the place is trying too hard and just not hitting the mark. The start are overally friendly and it gets really annoying!
Outside bathroom - pretty but stupid in such a hot country. Have a shower and get hot again in 5 seconds!
There are definitely better places to stay.

Room Tip: Dont expect an ocean view even if the room name says it!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We came across Living Asia via tripadvisor and was in love with it. We stayed for 4 nights from 20 Dec-24 Dec. I had requested for first level room just to have easy access to the pool and the view and to enjoy outdoor shower, however we were given a 2nd floor and I was disappointed at first.But Guess what, the 2nd floor room is even nicer with unblocked view and they do have outdoor shower on the 2nd floor as well ! The bed is nice, king koil mattress. U would wake up in the morning with the sound of waves at 6am(6am is like 9am SG time).
Breakfast is by the sea, overlooking Mt Agung. Not much variety tho, but they also do have nasi goreng, mee goreng and banana/pineapple pancakes. Their orange juice is freshly squeezed, no preservatives at all ! (be sure to ask for the orange juice)
Staff is nice and friendly and are always smiling.
They offer afternoon tea for guests from 4pm-5pm everyday even if it is raining. Unfortunately we only did try for 1 time and the cakes are uber delicious.
If you were to go to Senggigi town, the taxi ride is abt 20000IDR.
We took a trip to Kuta Lombok / Tanjong Aan where the beach is undisturbed, with calm waters and soft white sand unlike Senggigi beach. It was peaceful.
What we did not do is to go to Senaru where the waterfalls are.
What more can I say?? Even tho the water supply got cut off twice and flush system choked, the spa is not ready yet but they do offer massage in the room with advanced booking of cos, Living Asia is a recommended place to stay.
Living Asia is part of the reason that I would return to Lombok ! And Lombok , im in love with you!

Room Tip: be sure to ask for rooms near the pool ! You can try room 326 or 328. Ask them for bedroom slippers...
1 Thank Malis S
Sgp
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

It took quite a while to decide which resort to book for my family of 6 including my 4 young kids all below 11 years old. We didn't want a place right in the middle of the crowd, neither do we want to be too far from the jetty to the Gilis islands, which we knew we would be going quite often during the 4 nights there.

After a few inquiries and emails (which did not go through for some resorts), I decided to contact Living Asia via Facebook messenger. I received a reply from a previous staff of the resort the next day and henceforth communicated effective via the email.

We opted for the One Bedroom Private Pool Villa. It wasn't a big villa, but we knew our kids would be thrilled with the private pool. There was only one bedroom, and a nice outdoor rain shower and sheltered toilet. We had to request for an additional bed.

The first night we arrived, we were promptly picked up by a hotel staff who drove us from the airport to the resort. The journey was long, about 1 hour from the airport. Normal for resorts in that area. Upon arrival, all of us were served cold towels and orange juice. Upon checking into our villa, we realized that the extra bed was not available as pre-arranged. We had to call for it and specifically asked for a blanket for the extra bed.

As all were hungry, we went to the only restaurant in the resort. Though it was about 8.30pm, the night was still and it was quite warm. There was no aircon nor fan in this restaurant. We ordered and disappointingly, the food took almost 45 minutes to be prepared and the orders were wrongly taken. Our spirit was low and I was already contemplating moving out. Nevertheless, I decided to stay through the night as we had a full day program the next day..

Early next day, we ordered room service, remembering there was no fan in the restaurant and it was a sunny morning. Strangely, I didn't need to sign for the meal.

We set off for the Gilis Island about 9am. We only came back about 3pm. The resort front desk manager, Mr Andi, was waiting for us at the front. He walked us back to our resort, while apologizing profusely on the behalf of the management of the resort. To our surprise, he informed us that the dinner the night before was waived. Although it was about Idr350k, we appreciated their kind gesture. He also gave me his personal mobile number and repeatedly informed that he would personally asset us the whole period of our stay, which he eventually did even during his day off.

The rest of the stay was smooth. Only complaints we have are as follows:
- The room, we noted very similar to all the restaurants on the island, was a bit too dim.
- There could be more tissue papers and toilet papers stored in the room
- There was no rack for our big luggage, only a small one could be placed in the wardrobe.
- There was only one restaurant and it could be stuffy on still nights.

But, what we really liked are as follows:
- We didn't realize our breakfast for the whole family was included. Which made it very worthwhile for the price we paid. Further, the breakfast set was tasty and portion very generous. Spread was great too.
- The pool was very clean. The staff came twice a day to clean the pool.
- Ample towels were provided
- The resort driver, Mike, drove us FOC for all our trips out of the resort. He was a great driver and very polite and helpful.. On one occasion, he even helped to carry our 3 years old son..
- The car was always very clean and well kept.
- The resort was obviously new and not so popular, thus the whole place and very quiet.
- The resort was very clean and well kept.
- Free tea everyday from 4-6pm.
- All the staff were very polite. Excellent i must say...

In all, we love the resort and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We love the pool villa. The entrance of the room and pool were hidden by the walls of the villa. W...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family