“Great ambiance and food ”
Review of Quali Restaurant

Quali Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 75 Restaurants in Senggigi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Asian & Indonesian Cuisine on the Beach.
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We were at Sudamala and came here for dinner. It was a packed night but we were promptly given a table. One of us opted for the buffet and the best dish there was hands down a simple fried rice with parsley, egg, prawn. Two of us shared the red mullet and the sambal prawns with chutney. The two dishes were tasty but nothing to blow your mind. The ambience is great and we ordered a nice 2009 chianti which was priced very reasonably. Overall a very nice evening with good service. Quincy used to be a boutique resort and have now expanded into a hotel so in some ways it has lost it's unique charm and exclusiveness. Still worth a visit if you're in Lombok.

Scott_Lombok, Owner at Quali Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Dear UmaThana,

Thanks for stopping by and we are glad that you enjoyed our food and atmosphere.

If you had nasi goreng from a "buffet", you were probably there for our Pasar Malam (night market) evening on Fridays. It isnt really a buffet as much as the moving market stalls (kaki tigas) that we set up in the garden (with local musicians) and serve all types of local *market * foods and dishes prepared in front of you - with the quality and sanitary standards of Qunci Villas.

There are newer reviews for Quali Restaurant

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We spent a week of our honeymoon time in Qunci hotels at february and enjoy eaten our meal in this restaurant. At first I ordered fried rice and found that it is too salty. I asked the crew and they help me to change to a new one and sent me a plate of fresh fruits for apologized. Second, i found something in my juice (a small particle, but could hurt if we not careful) and the supervisor apologized us and ask the crew to change the drink and free of charge. I felt delighted with the services and the crew. Thank you Qunci. Cant wait too come again someday.

Scott_Lombok, Owner at Quali Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear rima a,

Yes, Please do come back and visit us again.

And as I mentioned in the review just before this one, if you come across something not to your liking (salty nasi goreng) please mention it and we will get it fixed.

We like to ensure that all tastes are catered to!

Happy Eating>>>

Reviewed July 19, 2014

One of two restaurants side by side in Quinci Villas, Quali specIalises in Asian food. I wouldn't call it a seafood restaurant although it does offer a wide selection of fish and seafood. Food is good but not exceptional (sauce with scallops could have been tastier, shredded tuna good). Service efficient and personable. Setting and styling is somewhat clinical, more like a self-service cafeteria than a minimalist, "designed" hotel ( which is what Quinci Villas is and appears to carry off very well throughout the rest of the resort). Probably not helped by the self-service buffet at one end of the restaurant and the attire or most of the clientele. Compared with Coco Beach, I'd choose charming Coco Beach and it's delicious food every time.

Scott_Lombok, Owner at Quali Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Quintessimma,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.

As for the buffet you saw at the end of Quali restaurant down on the beach:

I abhor buffets. In general we dont serve them for any meals including breakfasts, and I do not allow groups to book buffets at our hotel.

But that being said, there is no better way to give our guests - once a week on Thursdays - a chance for the best selection of Lombok seafood. Depending on the weather, we generally also have a HUGE, FRESH (same day caught) whole tuna fish for our guests to take steaks and have them grilled to order right down on the beach in front of them. We cant do grilled fresh tuna steaks off the menu as well so I gave in for, what has turned out to be, the most popular *meal * at Qunci, albeit a buffet.

As for your preference for the other restaurant, it is a lovely little thatched roof *warung * (as you indeed point out) on the beach. I like TA and find it most useful so that guests can find the restaurant that serves their needs and budget. And the Coco Beach restaurant certainly is a great, inexpensive road-side (warung) establishment run by a local family.

Quali and Qunci Villas are different and both are nice but for different tastes.

Happy Eating....

Reviewed July 19, 2014

The grilled fish was perfect, not over cooked so it still had a sweetness to it. The sugarcane mixes were refreshing! Service very friendly.

Dear clardot,

Thanks for taking the time to try our meals and drinks. And yes, the sugarcane drinks are really popular - AND HEALTHY!

Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife loved this place. The setting and ambiance is very good - and what we needed that day too - a little pampering. Wife had the basil martini or two, and I had the cheapest French rose. Waiting staff were keen to understand how the different wines - without prejudice. Food was good, we mainly had various of their takes on Asian fare. But we did have each of the chocolate based desserts, and they were great. Wife enjoyed the espresso martini with these. Nice. It's pricey, but there's a reason for that I suppose.

Dear Wyrley-Birch

Glad you enjoyed our meals and drinks. They are unusual as our *Mixologist * from Europe is always creating new drinks that combine some of the best fruits and ingredients from Indonesia (my favorite being our Salak - snake fruit - and Chili Martini).