7 relaxing nights spent in two inter-connecting rooms. The showers are starting to show their age but besides that, the rooms are clean and very comfortable. The breakfast choices are copious and varied - a thank you goes to Tono for serenading us with his piano playing each morning! The pool was a big hit for the children with ample pool loungers.
The beach is cleaned throughout the day keeping it free of litter though there was litter in the shallow waters when snorkelling. Once further away from the shore the waters were clear with an abundance of fish and turtles (!!!!) to see.
The hotel food was very nice and well presented though more pricey than the restaurants along Sengigi beach and the main road. If you fancy eating away from the hotel we enjoyed Coco Beach Restautant (10 minute taxi ride up the road), thubms up for the Gado Gado and Satay and Cafe Bumbu which is a 2-minute walk down from the Sheraton.
The hotel can help arrange all sorts of activities such snorkelling, diving, car & driver, etc. Do read up on Lombok beforehand so that you narrow down which beaches, areas and villages you want to visit otherwise your driver may just take you to 'the usual' haunts.
Tanjung Aan beach was spectacular and deserted though it's a 2-hour drive from Sengigi.
Avoid the Art market next door if you're not pressed for time as better bargains can be had at Sayang Sayang, Sukarara and
Labuapi - some at less than 5 times the price at the Art Market!!
Lombok is less developped than Bali and so still has the charm of not being overly commercialised but as a result may appear less refined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort, an idyllic tropical retreat in Lombok. Enjoy a comfortable getaway amidst plentiful sun, sand and surf. Ideally located on Senggigi Beach, the lush western coast of Lombok, the resort is just a short walking distance of the town’s shops, restaurant, bars and merely 75-minutes drive from Lombok International Airport.Feel the warmth of Sheraton at your perfect tropical escape at the Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Hotel Senggigi
- Sheraton Mataram
- Mataram Sheraton
- Sheraton Lombok
- Sheraton Senggigi Beach Resort Lombok