“Nice place, nice people”
Review of Sendok Hotel

Sendok Hotel
Ranked #29 of 51 Senggigi B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We stayed for a few nights and one on the way back was a great little place, stayed in a/c room for first night then moved to a standard fan room for the other nights to save money.I preferred the standard as the a/c did smell a bit musty. Apart from that the rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff were great and very friendly.The garden and pool are nice and well kept, great place to just chill out. The food here was probably the best we tried in town decent prices too. Only thing I would say they could do with some more cd's in the bar area as the music got a bit repetitive. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Standard fan rooms don't have musty smell
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Like many reviewers have said before me, my husband and I enjoyed staying at this hotel for 5 nights throughout New Year 2014 because it is located in the center of Senggigi with good rates and nice breakfast. The only problem for us, that the staff certainly cleaned our bathroom everyday but the odour still remained. I think they should fix their sewage system immediately. Agoda offered the same price with their published rates, so I chose direct booking to avoid any complications, especially during peak seasons.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at the Sendok before our Gili's holiday.
Good place to stay: the rooms are cleaned everyday, AC was efficient and the staff were excellent and very friendly.
The hotel is very central, about 250 metres to the beach and surrounded by shops.
Sendok restaurant served the best meals in town and good value for money.
Recomended.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

i decided to make a booking at sendok guest house based on its reviews and budget price. Booked online via booking.com and had some trouble in contacting the hotel to confirm my booking. After few times of sending emails and bounced back i tried to rang the hotel. Booking system there is very manual thus it took them about 5-10minutes to figur it out whether my booking has been recorded or not. Finaly a confirmation that booking is recorded.

On the day we arrived, we werent greeted at the front. We walked inside passing trough the bar and restaurant. front desk is very simple and manual. Dont expect anything fancy. Small swimming pool available. We have booked an extra bed few months in advance. They confirmed that it can be provided. However on the day, they said the extra bed are sold out to other guests. I was upset and asked them to find it from somewhere. They manaed to get one from the other property. Thank god!
They checked us in to unit 2A (deluxe). Room is quite spacious but you can smell an old building type of smell soonest you enter the room. Bathroom is not too clean, bit smelly and has a very old fan (air ventilation). Bath tub drainage didnt worked well thus when you shower water couldnt flow out. Very upset about the bathroom.

Towels provided is clean and fresh. Bed is comfy but duvet (bed cover) is smelly like an old material.

however the location is very centered. Beach is just across the road, there ate mini market, atm and small gift shops around the guest house. Turned out the bar and restaurant is qute popular it has many customers at night. room is a bit at te back from the restaurant thus it wasnt that noisy. We could sleep quite well at night.

If you are after a budget accomodation this could be the place. But if you are a clean freak then you might want to reconsider this place with other option. breakfast provided is standard american breakfast. Portion isnt big but enough to fill you up in the morning.

If you chose this place, please do re checking your booking a few time before your arrival. Just to ensure all is recorded and available as you requested.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Made our reservation and paid our deposit 2 months prior to our arrival. Sent them an email confirming our deposit payment, to which there was no reply from Sendok. At this point we assumed that there was no problem with our booking. Gave them a call 2 weeks prior to our departure to confirm again our date of arrival, and was assured that everything was fine. On the said date we arrived at 9 pm, only to be told that there was no booking under our names. Needless to say we were disappointed as we had earlier been assured of our booking. We waited as the staff sorted it out among themselves. Apparently they mistakenly marked our date of arrival as the date before our actual arrival and had assumed that we did not show up. We found this reason unacceptable as even if this was the case, they should have at least called us to confirm our arrival, considering we have paid an upfront deposit. Eventually they offered to put us up at another hotel at no additional cost. In the end we agreed to be transferred to a nearby hotel as it was getting late and all we wanted was a good rest. While we were very disappointed with the screwed up booking, we truly appreciate the effort made by Sastra (the manager I believe) under the pouring rain in search of an alternative accommodation for us and in trying to remedy the situation. He put us on a cab and went along with us to ensure that we were checked in to the other hotel. Perhaps we were just unfortunate in this instance. We believe that it would probably have been a pleasant stay if not for this screwed up booking. Should you want to make a booking with them, please make sure you confirm, reconfirm and double reconfirm with them to ensure that your booking is secured and they got your date of arrival correct. On a positive note, the place was cozy and well decorated, with a pleasant ambiance especially in the restaurant section.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed in Sendok Guesthouse on and off from mid September to the start of October using it as a base for my travels in Indonesia. The reason I came back again and again was the friendly nature of the staff who would do anything for you, without any agenda. There was no tour desk, they would suggest things to do but never push you which was very refreshing. The guesthouse has a restaurant attached to it so was very covenient after a busy day when you didn't fancy venturing elsewhere. Another bonus was the beautiful swimming pool which was great for a cool off and relaxation. Like most of Lombok the wi fi signal was intermittent but such was the dedication of the staff one member let me use their own laptop when wi fi was down. On my last visit to the hotel the wi fi had been upgraded and was running well. Another thing to mention is that when I went on a mountain hike for 3 days I left most of my baggage behind which was untouched when I returned, which was much appreciated. Also the laundry service was very quick and professional. I stayed in a basic room with a fan and cold shower which was very adequate for my needs and at a very reasonable price. Overall I would recommend staying here, as each time I returned after a few days away I was welcomed back like a friend.

Room Tip: I stayed in a number of rooms in the same alley. I could recommend rooms along there as it was furth...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Simon D
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here for a nite in their junior standard room with my son. It has no AC, just an old fan in the room, with quite small room and bathroom. The room is clean. It has a porch and beautiful garden. Bathroom is very Indonesian standard. They provide soaps and tissue.

We arrived there around 8pm and we had to wait about 30min to get into our room. Apparently there is misunderstanding that they gave up my room to other guest. I think we better reconfirm before coming there when booking it online. While waiting for our room, I noticed how beautiful their swimming pool and those lights in the trees at nite.

Breakfast is delicious. We had fried rice with big portion for my son and small portion of toast (4pcs only) with butter and jam for me. I would rather choose pancake next time :D

Overall for a $26/nite, it is expensive for this room. I think you can get better rate if you reserve directly with them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family