“Not professional”
Review of Lombok Dive

Lombok Dive
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are the first diving company on Lombok, set up by local people. We can offer you personal guidance on diving and snorkelling trips in the Lombok area.
Reviewed January 25, 2014

After spending a night in sengiggi, i decided to go the gili islands with coral divers and make two dives with them.

The trip was all good, the dive was ok. But they're not professional.

First of all, at any time I was requested my padi open water certificate, I just said that i had it and that's it.

I wasn't asked if I had any medical conditions or if I was taking any medication.

Second of all, the diving gear was a bit old, but still in good conditions.

Third of all and most important unprofessional thing happened at the second dive.

The dive site was shark point, got into the water and started swiming against strong currents, my first time. Exhausting but saw plenty of huge turtles and a shark! The problem came when I told the diving instructor that I had reached the 50bar. Instead of doing the ok sign he told me to be calm. We started heading back, but instead of first going up and then swim at 5m we where always between 10-20m (can't tell because my meter wasn't working), my indicator went down to 40,30,20 and 10. There I had to take the second regulator of the instructor, at that point he decided to go up. After a safety stop, we went up to the surface, once I had inflated my jacket my air indicator was at 0!! The worse thing was that back on the boat the instructor was laughing at the situation. Man, you finished the bottel! Haha!

Not funny at all, especially when you go to enjoy and not suffer.

By my point of view, even if they where good the rest of the time they diserve the worst mark, even if they're a PADI center.

Ah, I was offered aswell that I could do a couple of more dives and have the advance license, very professional!

8  Thank etiennemc
in 21 reviews
"crew"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you travel with our own dive gear, you will find a brillant diveguide here, Umpuk.
But sorry to say, I was not impressed of the condition the dive gear offer their costumers.

1  Thank BaliLasse
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Experienced dive master. Willing to share his expertise. Too bad no underwater pictures service. Unlike the other dive centres.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a fabulous experience with Mohni Haliman @ Lombok Dive! He is a great teacher and was patient with us all through our dives. He gave us the confidence and encouraged us to do more. We dived in Gili Air, Gili Meno and other sites in Gili Trawangan. We have beautiful memories of the dives. We even got our PADI Open Water Diver Certification from Lombok Dive.
The quality of equipments, scuba suit etc were of very good quality,
I strongly recommend Lombok Dive to all those who look forward to scuba diving in Lombok, Gili Islands in Indonesia.