“not the most authentic indian food, but a nice place”
Review of Taman Restaurant

Taman Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 73 Restaurants in Senggigi
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Shanghai
“not the most authentic indian food, but a nice place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

i just visited with my husband for dinner after hearing the band from the street the night before. it was a nice place with great atmosphere. we decided to split some tandoori chicken and beef vindaloo, both were good, but not authentic. the pina colada however was top notch! service was friendly as well.

• Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hobart, Australia
“most enjoyable again”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Since returning home I have reflected on my dining experience at Taman Restuarant as during my 8 days I enjoyed breakfast lunch & dinner on many occasions .From an omelette at b'fast to a burger at lunch & a variety of evening meals all were enjoyed . I tried the fish & chips , lamb prawns , & many local dishes , all good . Added to the food & drinks & my partner loved the cocktails , the ambience of the Taman Restuarant with its garden setting & great background music the staff take very good care of you .
As winter gets closer to Hobart I look forward to my next visit to Sengiggi Beach & the Taman Restuarant , will be also interested to check out the bakery & deli opening the week after I left ,to get something to go with a Lombok coffee as one sits & looks as the world goes by .

• Visited February 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quality food, service and setting!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Taman is a truly great restaurant. Arriving in Senggigi it really stood out as something special. So much is good about this place, so I will just break it down for you: Here you find great food, happy and pleasant servers and great variety on the menu. The chairs are the most comfortable I've sat in since I came to Indonesia and the setting, with the half-circle shaped dining room with a garden (complete with a fountain in the centre), is sure to please you aesthetically.
Going here three days in a row, the waitors are recognizing us and greet us with enormous smiles everytime.
As if the above isn't enough, almost every night there is live music and the free wifi is the best in Indonesia. They even have an accompanied bakery. A BAKERY. That sells cakes. GREAT FREAKING CAKES.
They also gave us discount for eating there frequently.
Thank you, Taman, for quantity of quality!

• Visited March 2013
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great food here.. A couple of little offers enticed us in. Music was great. Great atmosphere also. Would definitlely recommend.

Visited March 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Restaurant setting in the form of The Globe Theater”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Nice restaurant with a beautiful setting and live band in the evening.
It is advertised as international cuisine restaurant. We ordered Indian for the main course but it was not close to Indian curry, maybe only by smell.
Also, I do appreciate owners concern about our well been and how much do we like food/restaurant but at the same time I do not want to have this conversation while I am having a meal with my wife.
If to imagine that we could have been luckier with our choice of meal and the owner did not come to our table, the review would have been better.
On the positive site it is lovely restaurant with a nice atmosphere

• Visited November 2012