“Beautiful setting, terrible food”
Review of Taman Restaurant

Taman Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 75 Restaurants in Senggigi
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“Beautiful setting, terrible food”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

In my opinion Taman is one of the best looking restaurants in Senggigi and is in a prime location, they have friendly staff, but the food is terrible!!! We asked for a 15 min break between courses. Within a minute of finishing our starter the staff were desperate to serve our main course, after being asked a third time if they could bring the main course we gave in, the result being a " nasty colored fish and chips with an old oily taste" later that night I was sick. I won't be eating at Taman again

Peter D, Owner at Taman Restaurant, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
It is my usual practice to say sorry if reporters on Trip advisor claim to have had a bad experience at The Taman.I do not intend to do so in this case.I note first that 2fox has never reported on trip advisor before,and has he or she has reported anonymously.The review is full of contradictions e.g,"one of the best looking restaurants in Senggigi" but then only 4 stars for atmosphere.I believe The Taman is under unfair attack from one of our competitors who has inspired this report.let me conclude with an invitation to potential customers .I say our fish and chips are easily the best in Lombok and I confidently invite people tobe their own judge and not rely on a suspect review on Trip Advisor.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Hagondange, France
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

A quiet place in Senggigi,nice food, nice crew, shuttle transport up to you hotel. Nice composition on your plates. I will be Back there!

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Among Lombok's best”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Unlike almost every restaurant we tried in Lombok, this place was clean, professional, and modern. The food was consistently delicious -- and we went often. Moreover, the amiable staff seemed trained in Western culture (unlike other establishments) and we were nearly always understood. Finally, everything at Taman Restaurant is reasonably priced, if that's important to you.

We enjoyed the live music, the great view from the loft, and above all, the splendid cooking ... on every occasion. Highly recommended!

Visited February 2013
Hagondange, France
“Nice atmosphere.”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

A quiet place in Senggigi. Nice crew, nice food, and a nice boss. A menu very vary an nice presentation in the plates. The best seat are at the second flore, you can see and hear the prayer from the mosque, very exotic for a belgian!

Bali, Indonesia
“Nice breads, though..”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Didn’t had dinner there, but bought many times nice breads there, unfortunately also discovered sometimes spoiled bread with molt on it when arrived back home.

Visited October 2012
Peter D, Owner at Taman Restaurant, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hi NN Traveler.I am sorry that you had this problem,however I am completely at loss to know how this could happen.Our bread is baked and sold THE SAME DAY .Bread not sold is used in the kitchen of The Taman Restaurant for breadcrumbs,rotisserie chicken stuffing etc.This rule is enforced each night when the bakery closes at 11 pm.At that time the unsold bread is transferred to the kitchen.We do not use any preservative chemicals in our breads and accordingly the bread potentially will grow mould if kept without refrigeration for more than a day.We are the only western commercial bakery in Lombok and supply bread to many of the hotels operating on Lombok and most of the Expats living in Lombok.