“A bit tacky but very welcoming with reasonable food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taman Restaurant

Taman Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 72 Restaurants in Senggigi
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bali, Indonesia
“A bit tacky but very welcoming with reasonable food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We ended up here because we couldn't get in at another restaurant and were a bit suspicious of the manager's sale spiel at the entrance but he gave us a 20% off coupon which was a nice touch.
The decor is a little dodgy and the place certainly needs sprucing up but there was a surprisingly good live band playing.
I had an Indian curry which turned out much more like a Thai curry but tasted pretty good anyway.
As we left to get a taxi back to our resort the manager asked us where we were staying and then offered us a free lift home! This was a fantastic gesture and really made our night.
Overall we really enjoyed our dinner here.

Visited October 2012

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“5 star quality at 3 star prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Four years in Asia and my first tenderloin--imported from Oz, in a steak and eggs breakfast that set me back $6. Surprisingly large portion. Properly prepared. Included fresh pineapple juice, Lombok coffee, two toasts/butter (real)/jelly, potatoes, roasted tomato, and tropical fruit plate. Excellent value.

The owner ia a likeable Aussie who meets every customer but whose presence is not intrusive. After you eat there once, you get a 20% discount card for your next visit, although this is low season and I cannot imagine they'll do this when Sengiggi gets busy.

Beautiful ambience, nice touches in decor, staff who want to please. They have Asian/Indonesian and Western food. I have had both. Two thumbs up.

• Visited October 2012
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

For six weeks I"ve been having brekky in Senggigi and trying different places. This is one of my two favourite places for brekky. It's consistently cool due to the cross breezes that flow through the open U-shaped two floors and which catch some coolness from the big central waterfall in the garden. The staff remember and welcome me, the bakery beside the restaurant provides terrific croissants and danishes baked each morning, and the fresh fruit and veggies that are served with meals are a delight. I can relax and get some writing and reading done here and feel very relaxed; the wifi is quick and reliable and free. What more could I ask for? Michael from Oz.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Consistent high quality service, food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've been in Senggigi for six weeks, taking a break from work in Australia. Each day i go to breakfast in Sengiggi and have tried several places often. One of my two favourite places is Taman Gardens Bakery and Cafe. The cooling sounds of the large central waterfall makes it cool, too, as does the open U-shapped design which catches the breezes and allows them to flow straight over the tables. The staff are terrific, remember me and what I like. The bakery and the kitchen provide consistent, fresh croissants, danishes, espressos, long black, and light salads or local fish and vegetables, well presented. The wifi is strong and reliable. A good place to start the day. Michael

• Visited September 2012
Perth, Australia
“Lots of potential”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Our large family group enjoyed the atmophere here. Nice to have a local band playing and the service was friendly. The menu was promising but lacked the spice and flavour kick we were anticipating - might have been a case of over compensating for potentially soft Western palettes - which we dont have. Would give it another go for sure and make sure we gave the chef the message to 'go local' on us!