“Just ok”

Asmara Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 75 Restaurants in Senggigi
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Since 1997, international, authentic Lombok and Indonesian cuisine, vegan dishes and lots of gluten free options.Cozy outdoor and indoor dining.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We found the food quite bland, service was a bit slow. The meals were not bad, the flavour just wasn't there.

1  Thank Bethmarko
Sakinah_Asmara, Owner at Asmara Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that the meals you have ordered didn't appeal to you. I personally keep an eye on kitchen procedures and recipes, and would highly appreciate your comments and suggestions sent to me by email, so I can follow up with my Chef. If you have written down your comments on our suggestion form which is usually given to our guests with the bill, I can ensure you that it already has been taken care of :-)

There are newer reviews for Asmara Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I ordered Ayam Taliwang and it was nicely grilled, and filling, but was slightly salty. My partner ordered something like beef rendang, which was delicious. It was not too spicy and was even slightly sweet. I did not enjoy the side dishes (something that looked like salad), probably because I am not used to the taste. My banana daiquiri wasn't strong enough as well, and simply tasted like banana smoothie. I also ordered pretzels for takeaway. It was freshly baked and I loved it.

Overall, I do not have major complaints about the food or the staff. The staff were very accommodating and thoughtful. Once the sun sets, they promptly prepared insect repellent and placed them under the table.

The only thing I didn't like about the place was the presence of many lizards and even geckos!!! These were managed by seating at a table that is not near any walls.

1  Thank minghui
Sakinah_Asmara, Owner at Asmara Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thank you for your honest review. I'm aware that our lizzard family at Asmara has grown again lately! Although I quite like them, as they don't do any harm and are part of the 'local scene', we can't give them too much freedom, I agree. Be sure that actions will be taken.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had the rare opportunity to live in Lombok for a very long sabbatical and Asmara became somewhat of a second home during my stay. The food and drinks are superb. The prices are reasonable and the staff, some of the most hospitable people on the island!
This is a perfect restaurant for anyone looking for good prices, great food and fun. Highly recommended to anyone and everyone!

1  Thank captainkara
Reviewed October 8, 2012

For a change of scenery from our resort (qunci villas) we decided to try the Asmara, they provided a free return shuttle service and offer to pay taxi fare if the shuttle is busy. The food was amazing, I recommend the pumpkin soup and the coffee dessert.
Cocktails are strong and very reasonable prices, much cheaper than the resort. Definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank Treeratuk
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Staying at Qunci Villas we wanted to find somewhere to eat that had great food and reasonably priced. ASMARA is it!
Wonderful food, great service, nice outdoor seating area and delicious deserts.
Ask your hotel to call them, as they provide you with free transport!

1  Thank BowdenHogg