“Fantastic Food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Table de Leo

La Table de Leo
Cuisines: French, Gastropub
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Horam, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had the 5 course Truffle menu. What can I say about this food - it was excellent. Especially the scallops which were cooked to perfection, the chicken main course and the bananas with marscapone cheese - yum!
Service was pleasant also and the surroundings pleasing.
Very good value to money compared to the UK.

• Visited February 2014

Baneuil
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

We decided with some friends to book a table for lunch yesterday as we had not been since late last year. It was good to see that standards had continued to improve and that the welcome and food was better than we remembered. The local town council are upgrading the area in front of the restaurant and this will improve the outside dining experience in the summer. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited February 2014
Lewes, United Kingdom
“I swear its getting better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Menu des truffes on a cold winter's night - just waht is needed!
I do like this restaurant. The owners try so hard and it bears fruit.
The cooking is excellent and I swear its getting better each time we go.
Really good service and a very friendly welcome.
Truffles with everything (if you want it) as it's the season.
I enjoyed locally line caught Bar followed by caret d'agneau (rose of course!). Both delicious with some interesting truffle sweetmeats in between. Then truffle brie and then Tarte fine de pommes.
Astounding meal which was echoed by our guests.
My wife even said that it was one of the best meals she has ever had (and we've had some!).

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank GOG316
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“An Wonderful Suprise in St Avit Senieur”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I first came to St Avit Senieur in 1973!I purchased a holiday home in the village in 1995.
La Table de Leo is just what I have dreamt of for so long.A GREAT local restaurant that is so very welcoming,wonderful food prepared and served by a young professional team and great value.
I have now eaten there 4 times and it just gets better.The food is not the usual offering from the majority of restaurants in Le Perigord.However it does pay homage to the local produce in an intelligent menu well thought out and delivered with great care.If you are travelling though this part of France....DO NOT MISS IT!

• Visited January 2014
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

On a quiet November Friday lunchtime, we were one of only 2 tables occupied. My wife and I both chose the €28 Menu de Plaisir (3 choices of starter and main, more for pudding). My foie gras mi-cuit et ses mendiants was lovely while my wife was equally enthusiastic about her Filet de Rouget écrevisse, écrassé d'avocats et émulsion crustacés. For the main, she had magret de canard Rossini, poelée forestiere which was very tender and delicious. I had La Variation de Cochon which was various cuts of pork, including filet mignon, done in interesting ways. The combination of flavours was wonderful. Finally, taking note of another reviewer here, we both had the tarte au citron yuzu, meringuée. See the photo of that one - not what you might expect! We were well looked after by the patron's wife, who speaks good English. Leo is their young son, it turns out. The bill, with half a bottle of rosé, two coffees and a bottle of artisanal biere de noel, came to €79 which we thought was excellent value. Madame explained that in the summer there is a terrace out the front which is popular and gets quite busy. The village pavements and verges were being rebuilt when we visited. A lovely village will be even more charming next time we go there.

Visited November 2013