“Disgraceful - worst experience ever, motel from hell”
Review of Golf View Motel

Golf View Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sanctuary Point
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked a room here for work and dropped off bags in the afternoon before heading out to perform at a wedding. We were shocked upon returning to the room late that night to find the toilet, bathroom floor and carpet in the main room crawling with around 100 one inch long bull-ants. Having been bitten by these guys before and knowing how painful they are, I went straight to reception and buzzed several times, but due to the late hour, got no response.

Left with no other option, we packed up and heading on a long drive back home to Sydney. More shocking still was the owner's response the next morning - he told me I had to call Wotif as they were the booking agent. Then when I called Wotif, I discovered he had already called Wotif and told them not to credit the booking, even before he'd spoken to me! Wotif of course told me he was the only one who could authorise the refund and then he of course refused again, so as of writing this, I'm still out of pocket $170.

I spoke with the owner twice that morning, sent through photos even, first he denied there were any ants at all, then he said any "normal person" would have killed the ants and gone back to bed!

I've attached a photo so you can make your own judgement about whether you'd be able to sleep knowing those guys might be joining you in bed any minute. Frankly, it's just lucky I didn't discover them by going to the toilet in the middle of the night without turning on the light. We also took a video, just to prove this actually happened in this particular motel, you can view it at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzw8RiGMlWg

Things go wrong sometimes, sure, and I wouldn't be so upset or even writing this if I had just gotten my money back and an apology. But to be treated so rudely and a refund refused even though we were unable to spend more than a few minutes in the room was just incredible. Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
9  Thank LPTraveller760

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Convenient location, our room overlooked the golf course and the resident kangaroos. Room was large with a comfortable queen bed. The room and bathroom were very clean. Good breakfast. Best of all, excellent value for money for peak summer season.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OLDERTHANMOST
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was very suprised - the owners are so kind, everything was very clean, the location was perfect - walking distance to the shops, bar and a short drive to the beaches and to Huskinsson. Has a BBQ area with golf view and every morning we had about 20 kangaroos there - only 5m from the table where we had our breakfast - lovely experience :) !
Definetly recomend !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MARKETA M
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The motel is basic but good value for money. There are better places to stay, and if you are planning to stay for a few days then I would recommend holiday stay accommodation.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank Nipper_11
Reviewed October 13, 2011

We had a party close by and were told about this motel by friends,we stayed for three nights in a family room overlooking a beautiful golf course,the rates are very reasonable and the room was light,had comfortable beds and was very clean .My son loved the kangaroos that live on the golf course.The couple that run the motel are very friendly and helpful,they told us all about the area,we went on a great dolphin cruise and lovely walks.It was only a 5 minute walk to the local club where we had some very nice meals.I have no reservations in recommending this motel.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a golf course view.