“NOT a resort!”
Review of Apollo Resort

Apollo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wamberal
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Apollo resort has nothing in common with a resort like it apparently was in the past. It is a run down motel. Very overpriced!! The air conditioner in our room certainly cooled but the switch to control the fan was broken so cold air blasted out of the fan which was set on high and couldn't be turned down. The mattresses were covered in plastic which made the beds hot and sweaty. There was a huge ruckus in the middle of the night with things loud smashing noises. There was tea making facilities and toiletries. We were curtly told at check in that check out was at 10am, $20 per hour if any later. Believe me I didn't want to stay any later! I won't be going back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank Barbara P

Reviewed January 19, 2014

I booked the Apollo for two nights as I trust booking.com and it looked fine. My son was stressed by the comments on the internet.
However, It was very relaxing, did have some small minor repairs needed but nothing that affected comfort. The rooms were big, clean and comfortable, the dog was gorgeous. The sheets-spotless! The people were friendly and helpful, breakfasts were sumptuous. The facilities were fine-the hallways a little bleak - needed a lighter colour paint-the climate was humid but saw no cockroaches -there was no smell-maybe a little damp in one corridor but that is normal. They provided many small helpful services. I loved it and will stay there again!

Room Tip: From what I could see all the rooms were good-I liked the size and cleanliness-in my room there was...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Valerie S
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Resort would be a stretch,in fact it would be a lie.
TV didn't work,shower tiles missing,shower rose shot water everywhere,wardrobe door falling off,shower door broken,didn't dare stay for breakfast!!

Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank Lloyd J
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I read these reviews AFTER I booked and was horrified by what I had done. However I emailed the owners to relay my concerns and I was pleasantly surprised. I needed dog friendly accomm and this is very hard to find and I have stayed in a lot worse. It certainly isn't flash but it was clean and offered a good bed after a long drive. The noodle place up the road was great!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SammI200
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well this place is by far the WORST hotel ever. We booked 3 nights & stayed 1 the had the owner try and slug me a $50 cancelation fee. Also had to change rooms, the pool was filthy, the rooms stank, overflowing rubbish, a bathroom that was full of mould. I could go on BUT this place needs to be closed down

• Stayed: January 2014
9  Thank Md8750
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Upon arriving we walked past and ignored the non functioning fountain, forced our way through the switched off sliding doors and incessant barking of the owners' dog. The man at the reception spoke very little English and demanded a $50 deposit for a second room key. After navigating a dark and unwelcoming corridor we arrived in a room that smelt of urine, unvaccuumed, with a bathroom full of mold, leaks in the roof and a shower head that barely dribbled and had to be held up by hand the entire time. Were given less than half a roll of toilet paper and 2 towels for the four of us. The grounds are untended, with a smelly green pond full of dead fish, a dirty pool and spa that doesn't work. A shack labeled 'gymnasium' also comes with the warning "enter at own risk" we found off milk in the switched off mini fridge and ended up leaving after just one of our intended three nights. This place is a health hazard and a mockery of the hospitality business.

• Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank Elfwn
Reviewed December 21, 2013

No one should have to be subjected to this .i was on my own it was 10.30 in the evening the room smelt like urine
And the bed rock hard I nearly faced the problem of sleeping in my car I was just lucky the crowne casino had a room otherwise I had no other choice as I couldn't find any 24 hour motels

This accomadation is suitable for a third world country but not Australia and not in a tourist location
I feel WOTIF has to accept some resposibility in allowing such shocking accomadation
They need to remove them from their list so that no one else has to go through what I did
I travel a lot for work and rely on their website for accomadation this is now the second time I have had such an experience and will now look at reviews before ever using WOTIF again

Room Tip: Don't bother
Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank deanna t
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wamberal
Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat
The Clan Terrigal
The Clan Terrigal
#5 of 6 in Terrigal
Terrigal Sails Serviced Apartments

Been to Apollo Resort? Share your experiences!