“Dump”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wamberal
Gold Coast, Australia
“Dump”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Resort would be a stretch,in fact it would be a lie.
TV didn't work,shower tiles missing,shower rose shot water everywhere,wardrobe door falling off,shower door broken,didn't dare stay for breakfast!!

Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Lloyd J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I read these reviews AFTER I booked and was horrified by what I had done. However I emailed the owners to relay my concerns and I was pleasantly surprised. I needed dog friendly accomm and this is very hard to find and I have stayed in a lot worse. It certainly isn't flash but it was clean and offered a good bed after a long drive. The noodle place up the road was great!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SammI200
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Well this place is by far the WORST hotel ever. We booked 3 nights & stayed 1 the had the owner try and slug me a $50 cancelation fee. Also had to change rooms, the pool was filthy, the rooms stank, overflowing rubbish, a bathroom that was full of mould. I could go on BUT this place needs to be closed down

• Stayed January 2014
9 Thank Md8750

Travelers are raving about these Wamberal hotels

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Upon arriving we walked past and ignored the non functioning fountain, forced our way through the switched off sliding doors and incessant barking of the owners' dog. The man at the reception spoke very little English and demanded a $50 deposit for a second room key. After navigating a dark and unwelcoming corridor we arrived in a room that smelt of urine, unvaccuumed, with a bathroom full of mold, leaks in the roof and a shower head that barely dribbled and had to be held up by hand the entire time. Were given less than half a roll of toilet paper and 2 towels for the four of us. The grounds are untended, with a smelly green pond full of dead fish, a dirty pool and spa that doesn't work. A shack labeled 'gymnasium' also comes with the warning "enter at own risk" we found off milk in the switched off mini fridge and ended up leaving after just one of our intended three nights. This place is a health hazard and a mockery of the hospitality business.

• Stayed December 2013
10 Thank Elfwn
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 21, 2013

No one should have to be subjected to this .i was on my own it was 10.30 in the evening the room smelt like urine
And the bed rock hard I nearly faced the problem of sleeping in my car I was just lucky the crowne casino had a room otherwise I had no other choice as I couldn't find any 24 hour motels

This accomadation is suitable for a third world country but not Australia and not in a tourist location
I feel WOTIF has to accept some resposibility in allowing such shocking accomadation
They need to remove them from their list so that no one else has to go through what I did
I travel a lot for work and rely on their website for accomadation this is now the second time I have had such an experience and will now look at reviews before ever using WOTIF again

Room Tip: Don't bother
Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank deanna t
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The toilet stank, staff very poor in attendance, room quality filthy, bed was a double and it was so noisy it smelled, room décor was so old and cobwebs with big spider along the whole patio, air conditioner is a joke, no phone, clock, spend 2 night did not service room did not wash cups or glasses and the food well forget it.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank davidF6184SK
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Well what can I say the above say it all and more , we found poo stains in the sheets hair in the bed worms in the bathroom , mould every where and an Asian couple that think they know how to run a hotel but know actually nothing about running a business .
We had a barking dog scream at us apon check in and when we told them bout the state of the room the lady started arguing with my wife and threatened to call the police .
We were blown away how this hotel can operate let alone what if .com to recommend it people on there website .
This hotel should be shut down immediately for hygiene reasons and fines issued .
Do yours a favour hang yourself before u attempt to stay there lol !!!!!!

We didn't even stay there we were booked and payed for the wknd but booked another hotel .

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Gt T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wamberal
Crowne Plaza
#1 of 2 in Woy Woy
Tiarri Terrigal
Tiarri Terrigal
#3 of 6 in Terrigal

Been to Apollo Resort? Share your experiences!