“Run down and dirty”
Review of Apollo Resort

Apollo Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Wamberal
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This "Resort" was very expensive for what it offered. It is the worst accommodation I have stayed in for many years. The bathroom and toilet (with cleanliness tape across it) was not clean. And an allowance of threadbare towels with one cake of soap. One long-life sachet of milk in the fridge for 2 people. And to cap it off the jug did not work so as I am diabetic we were off early to McDonald's for a hot drink with something to eat.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Harry C

Reviewed March 13, 2013

It is run by Asians that can hardly speak English but certainly understand the almighty dollar!! They charge extra for everything.
No Customer Service, rooms are run down and dirty. The place smells & they have a big dog that barks at the Guest when checking in. If had anywhere else to go I would of left immediately!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Mahns
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This Hell Hole would be perfect material for the hotel inspector. Having found the pet friendly accommodation I rang to see if there was available rooms. I did a quick search online and saw lastminute.com were offering it at a cheaper rate. I went ahead a booked it online requesting in the comments field that we would like an area downstairs as we had a dog.
When we checked in I told the lady at reception that we had brought our dog. The woman proceeded to tell me I had to book through their website not lastminute to bring a dog (even though lastminute says its pet friendly as a selling point). The owner informed me we would have to pay an additional $20 to have our dog with us. I told her there was no information to say i was to call the resort on lastminute.com and that by saying its pet friendly and by not disclosing that we would need to pay more was misleading. The owner kept arguing and saying its on last minute.com so i pulled out my computer and said that we should look at the website together. I think she magically realised it wasnt on the website because she then remarked that lastminute.com were always taking that off the website.
No amount of talking would stop her from arguing and telling me and any other customers would have to take this up with lastminute .com and that it wasnt her problem.
It became clear why the website had been taking down the details, when i recommended that she put pet friendly rooms as an additional option on the booking page- she told me that they charge her 12% so she wont do it. Something told me others had stood in the same spot and had the same argument.
I proceeded to show her i had written we were bringing a dog in the comments field, why didn't she contact us to let us know? she said that didn't matter. Yet again I think she missed the point.
Then having had to pay the 20 dollars she said, 'Have you done the maths? You paid 15 dollars more by going through the lastminute.com website. You should have booked on the phone.' then she laughed.
'Awesome customer service' my husband remarked.
She had told me that lastminute.com would refund me the 20 dollars, So i said as i was leaving the reception, 'will i get back my 20 dollars from the website?'
'No,' she said.
The rooms appeared clean but the bed spreads smelt of dust, there was a bucket of cigarette butts outside our back door and the outside tables were filthy. Rubbish lay on the ground. The bathroom had used soap still in the shower. The car park was like a Brazilian rubbish dump with animal carcasses and disposed waste blowing around the grounds.
This place is a 1 star hell hole, the whole place is worn down, dirty and looks nothing like the pictures. Had there been any other places we could have stayed with our dog we would have driven passed and never gone in the drive way. It seems the owner quickly added the details back to last minute.com because within a few hours they were on the website- no doubt to be promptly removed again.
Save yourselves people, and save 175 dollars, dont book here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank whatdoyouoffer
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The bed was uncomfortable, the pillow was big and rock hard. Our room was the closest to the road and the traffic noise was nonstop. The balcony did not have a roof. The bed rolled around if you leant against the back too hard. $50 bond for a second key. All in all an unpleasant experience. If you have no where else to stay fine. But don't book it for a holiday stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne A
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Complete disaster of a hotel. Just don't do it to yourself, your loved ones, or possibly even to people you don't like. Unless you seriously don't like them. Way over-priced, rooms aren't what you booked for. Uncomfortable bed. Two towels and one washer for a family of three? $2 charge for any extra towel! Pool is full of scum, and spa pool is full of broken bits. Most plants in the once-beautiful gardens are dead (is that what you'd want for your wedding?). Old aggressive dog barks at guests. Food at the next-door Chinese restaurant is REVOLTING.
On the bright side, the air-con worked fine (though blows straight on to one side of the bed- do don;t sleep there), and everything seemed clean, if totally dilapidated.
Were a bit disturbed by the sight of the staff all hiding from a complaining (but not aggressive) guest. Seriously, they were hiding. In the back room...

Room Tip: No. Just no.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank 3ianw3
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Place is run by people who have a poor command of English. Place is run down needs a major facelift. They advertise all day breakfast only to be told "This is the holiday period" but did offer to make us something. If you have allergies this is not the place to stay. If you want something cheap this is the place for you. Unfortunately they make you pay for a minimum of 3 nights. I wish I had dine my research. I recommend you do not stay at this rundown 'motel' - the word 'resort' should be removed from name as it deluded people thinking they will get something good- this is what fooled us. Keep away!

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Ghata12
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the worst hotel we had ever stayed in. The rooms stunk like urine, and we found cockroaches under the bed and in the shower. The dog there tryed to attack my wife, that night we couldnt sleep because of all the noise upstairs. The toilet was blocked also and overflowed with poo. I felt like we were in a third world country, also no one working there spoke english. When we arrived early we were charged $40 for arriving early, also the air cond didnt work and we roasted all night. The showers only trickled a small amount of water, so you couldnt shower properly. I also got flea bites from the bed also, which was a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel to leave your pets at, but not for human occupancy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wamberal
Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat
#1 of 1 in Forresters Beach
Ocean Front Motel
Ocean Front Motel
#2 of 9 in The Entrance

Been to Apollo Resort? Share your experiences!