Apollo Resort
Forresters Beach Resort(Forresters Beach)
$74
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $89/night.

The Clan Terrigal(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
$102
$92
  • Beachfront
Terrigal Pacific Coastal Retreat(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
$114
Priceline
Crowne Plaza Terrigal Pacific(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Terrigal Sails Serviced Apartments(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/30
$116
Tiarri Terrigal(Terrigal)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 05/26
$95
Bateau Bay Hotel(Bateau Bay)
Free cancellation until 06/02
Priceline
Terrigal Hotel(Terrigal)
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Place is run by people who have a poor command of English. Place is run down needs a major facelift. They advertise all day breakfast only to be told "This is the holiday period" but did offer to make us something. If you have allergies this is not the place to stay. If you want something cheap this is the place for you. Unfortunately they make you pay for a minimum of 3 nights. I wish I had dine my research. I recommend you do not stay at this rundown 'motel' - the word 'resort' should be removed from name as it deluded people thinking they will get something good- this is what fooled us. Keep away!

• Stayed: January 2013
4  Thank Ghata12
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was the worst hotel we had ever stayed in. The rooms stunk like urine, and we found cockroaches under the bed and in the shower. The dog there tryed to attack my wife, that night we couldnt sleep because of all the noise upstairs. The toilet was blocked also and overflowed with poo. I felt like we were in a third world country, also no one working there spoke english. When we arrived early we were charged $40 for arriving early, also the air cond didnt work and we roasted all night. The showers only trickled a small amount of water, so you couldnt shower properly. I also got flea bites from the bed also, which was a nice touch. I would recommend this hotel to leave your pets at, but not for human occupancy.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My partner and I had booked to stay here as it was the only place to offer only 1 night on the weekend, all others had a 2 night minimum. Unfortunately I didnt do my research and didnt want to risk not finding a place upon our arrival so unfortunately booked the apollo. As others have noted it was one of the coldest receptions we have encountered. We arrived early and were asked to pay $20 early arrival fee!! I said we would just come back in 2 hours and check in but the staff had to ask if this was ok since we were already here, obviously really wanting to enforce the early check in penalty??.The grounds and the hotel are an absolute dive, dirty, desolate and run down and after being given the run around at check in we decided to find somewhere else to stay closer in town. When I called to cancel the booking the receptionist asked why and upon explaining that the hotel is no where near what it looks like in the photos and the staffs attitudes could do with some attention the receptionist became argumentative and could not deal with my impression of the place. There was no refund however I was more than happy for them to keep the money if it meant we did not have to stay there.
If in Terrigal and only looking for a 1 night stay DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!! try your luck and drive around in town when you get there, there will almost always be somewhere looking to fill their rooms for that night.

Room Tip: no room is a good room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank super_n0va20
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've thought long and hard before writing this review. I booked a weekend away without checking trip advisor first (big mistake - first time) and was somewhat horrified to read the below reviews before setting out on my trip. So much so, that I almost called off my weekend and stayed at home for the weekend instead. However, I decided to be brave and proceed.

Upon arrival, i braced myself for the worst. Yes, the fountain was inoperative and looking rather sad, although the building itself looked modern enough (1980's) to pursuade me to venture inside. The sliding entrance door was either broken, or had been switched off to save electricity, making it difficult to get inside. Despite arriving at 2pm, the lights at reception were turned off as well, presumably also to save electricity. Light switches around the reception area had been prised off the wall, leaving exposed wiring visible. The computer behind the counter was missing its outer housing and looked like it had been assembled out of pieces from a garage sale. My booking was also lost, and it took 5 or so minutes for the English speaking son to appear to find my booking and enable me to check me in. He apologised, but there were no instructions put forward as to how to reach my room, and I had to clarify with 3 questions. 2 British women checking in alongside me hissed "aww gawd, it's like fawlty towers." I hissed back that I'd read some reviews and we might be in for an interesting night.

Despite all this, I tried to remain positive and upbeat, believing that all the reviews might be wrong and that in fact this could be ok. As I walked down to my room towards the highway, I passed several potato chips laying in the corridor, and although noticing them, chose to overlook them,

Opening the door to my room, I then noticed a large (now known to be dog urine) stain under the front door. I again chose to overlook this however, and took a quick look around the room, before finding myself thanking my luck that things were not worse. I pulled the bed to pieces looking for bed bugs, and thankfully found none. The room, apart from the carpet, was generally clean enough - including the linen - There was no need to leave immediately. The bathroom was 1980's, a few removable soap marks on the vanity and a small "yellow" stain on the underside of the toilet seat which somehow proudly bore a hygienic plastic seal. No soap scum, barnacles or hair to report in my room however, and the curtains weren't falling down either.

The owners were pleasant enough, and ran about their business manoeuvring bins, greeting me with "hey mate" as they passed. Surely there was something half positive i could report here.

It wasn't until I begun to check out of my room that I formed my final view. Having ignored so much so far, upon making a cup of coffee in the morning, I reached for a teaspoon to stir my coffee and noticed the teaspoon hadn't been washed in years. Engrained with coffee and drip stains, I haven't seen anything quite so filthy in a hotel room before. Albeit a minor item, it confirmed to me that the hygeine i had put my trust in and overlooked so many signs to the contrary was barely skin deep. I took a photo of the spoon but have decided not to post it. Upon proceeding to check out, I also noticed the same potato chips were still laying in the corridor untouched after several days. Nobody greeted me at reception at 10am to receive my keys - instead, upon constant ringing the bell, a sleepy looking person eventually appeared and called over the balcony for me to leave the keys on the counter before I fought my way out through the inoperative door and fountain back to the safety of my car.

Is this place a cesspit? Not -really-. Is it a resort? Absolutely not. Would i get married here? Absolutely not. Would I stay again? No. Are the owners good people, and trying? I believe so. Are they succeeding? Not really.

If I was travelling down the gold coast highway at 9pm with no accomodation lined up and dog in the back that urgently needed to urinate, would I check in again? Probably.

A 2 star roadside motel at best, which is a shame considering it has potential to be a lot more. My room rate was $160 - which explains the hesitations and concessions ive made in my review. If it was a dollar more I'd be screaming.

Room Tip: Ask for as far away from the road as possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank m320au
Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel the last weekend I can't understand why some people were no happy the installations are ok, the Asian people who attend us were nice and we had a good time there ... Just one thing disturb our weekend ... a lot of young people were very noise slam the doors the whole night .. And was impossible to try to rest early and we pay a good price !! Really a 3 stars place ... but more ... Our room was clean, the tub was in no good condition and we could no use it no complains !! I'll come back ❤

• Stayed: December 2012