“Fantastic”

and 1 more site!
Samson Beach Chalets
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Point Samson
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Of all the places we stayed on our trip in W.A. I think that the Point Samson Chalets were the best.The photos on the website do not do them justice. We stayed in a one bedroom chalet. It had everything you needed, large fridge, dishwasher, outside electric barbeque, huge television,comfortable lounge.etc. We stayed four days and it really finished our trip fantastically.
Nice swimming pool that we did not use as it was just a little to early in the season weather wise.
Very handy to the pub and only eating place in town!

Room Tip: The rooms closer to the road are probably more private as far as the outdoor areas of the units are...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bonnie8
PointSamson, Manager at Samson Beach Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Hi Bonnie, Thankyou for your lovely comments regarding our chalets, especially the comment about our chalets being the best for your trip in WA. It was a shame that the weather wasn't quite warm enough for you to enjoy the use of our beautiful pool. We hope to see you again if you return to WA for another holiday.

There are newer reviews for Samson Beach Chalets

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed the 1 night as a getaway from Karratha for our wedding anniversary and very happy that we did. Not only is this the best in Point Samson I think it is better than anything available in the Karratha area. We stayed in ensuite room looking over the ocean (Sable 1). The room was very nice and clean with a comfy bed, digital tv ,small fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Is pretty much motel style but definately done with better style.
There is no restaurant on site but Point Samson Tavern is 100 m away and serves cold beer and good food. There is Tata's restaurant 5min walk away that has great food but a bit expensive even by Pilbara standards.
The only time we spoke with any of the staff was on check in/out and the manager was nice and freindly.
Lastly the price, at $250/night this is pricey but still one of the cheapest available in the area where very average rooms can be up to $300 or more, as such well worth it.
We will be back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Pirate63

Hi Pirate, Thankyou for taking your time to write your lovely comments about our chalets. It's nice to hear your thoughts about us being the best place to stay in the area, including Karratha. It is also nice to hear you had a lovely meal at the Tavern which is so close to us. We take pride in our prices as the are very competetive for what you would recieve any where else in the area. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here on a weekend in June. Found the keys in the basket routine a bit odd, but checked in OK. Stayed in one of the larger chalets with a seperate bedroom, 8yo daughter slept on the fold out bed in the living room.

The rooms are modern and well presented. Flat screen TV's in both rooms, well appointed kitchen and a great outdoor area with outside shower, and access to a huge grassed area surrounded by immaculate gardens. It was very relaxing sitting down at the outdoor setting and having a few pre-dinner drinks.

My daughter and I tried out the pool, nobody else around at this time of year. The water wasn't too cold and the pool and surrounding areas were spotless. I imagine it would be a very popular place to hang out during the summer months.

We ate at the tavern over the road. It's very popular and the service was great, although I ended up getting a very ordinary peice of Barramundi, I should have stuck to the fish and chips.

The only let down for us was the state of the tiled floors. They appear clean enough, but when it's time to climb into bed, you discover your feet are black. The floors obviously get swept, but I don't think they see a mop very often.

The other disappointment was the noise that comes from outside the tavern after closing time. Unfortunately we were very close to the tavern carpark, thankfully seperated by a high limestone wall, but the loud mouthed drunks take their time going home. (An RBT down the road would net some interesting results.) I realise that the chalet owners can't do much about this, and during the week it's probably not an issue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TQ30

Hi TQ30, Thankyou for taking your time to post your lovely comments on tripadvisor. Due to the size of our business we are not always able to meet the guests to check them in. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our grounds and gardens to relax in, including the cleanliness of the pool area. It was a shame you had an issue with the tiles, I can ensure you all rooms are mopped after checkouts, but your comment has helped me towards putting new procedures in place to prevent this problem. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We arrived at the Chalets at 4.00pm to find the office closed even though it was meant to be open until 6.00pm. Our keys and directions were in a basket, so it was when we entered the room that we discovered that they had made an error with our booking. We had booked a Deluxe 1BR Chalet with full kitchen facilities, as we were self catering on our holiday. We entered a Double Chalet which is just like a motel room, with a small bar fridge and no cooking facilities. I rang the Manager and she was immediately defensive and rude saying that they were fully booked and couldn't do anything for me. When I calmed her down by saying I wasn't blaming her, her was able to supply us with a BBQ and took my frozen food to her own fridge. After a rocky start we made the most of our 2 night stay. The Room was clean, airconditioned and had nice appointments like a rug at the base of the bed and a recling chair. To watch TV one person used the chair and the other had to sit on the end of the bed. The outdoor areas are pleasant with a big table seating 6 in the Deluxe Chalets and a small table and chairs in the Doubles. Whilst not ideal for eating we made do. The outdoor shower was a nice touch to rinse off after the beach. The inside bathroom was motel style. The resort grounds are nicely presented but the pool is small in area and typical of a motel style resort, not that inviting, but refreshing after a day out.
There seems to be a lot of permanent renters here, due to the mining boom and lack of accomodation in Karratha. Speaking of Karratha, Point Samson is a much nicer place to stay (a small beach side community) rather than the dusty mining environment of Karratha.
There was WIFI available in the grounds but not in our room which was called Sable 2. We used our computer at a table and chairs outside the Office and got good reception.
The Deluxe Chalet called Sable, next to ours, had the nicest position in the grounds to my mind.
After a rough start the Manager turned out to be nice.

Room Tip: Deluxe Chalet "Sable" had the nicest position in the resort.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MadamJosephine

Hi Madam Josephine, Thankyou for taking your time to post your comments. We are not a very large business so this sometimes means we are not always able to meet guests to check them in. It was a shame that your booking was made incorrectly and there was that mix up on arrival, I also apologise for my rudeness. It was nice to hear we worked around the issues and resovled them. I'm pleased that you found the room clean and comfortable. In each bedroom ensuite room there are actually 2 chairs, 1 being a Jason Recliner and the other an armrest chair on wheels. Should you travel over to WA and into the Pilbara I hope you can put our rocky start behind you and come and stay with us again.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Have chosen to stay here on several occasions due to the nice rooms and easy access to dining facilities. On our last visit of 3 nights we were lumped with a $75 mini bar bill upon checking out of which we never touched. The manager produced her 'service book' as proof of topping up our mini bar after the first night so wasn't willing to back down even though nothing was consumed. I don't believe we we're being 'ripped off' as I could see she genuinly believed she was right but so were we. My opinion is that possibly a mistake in dates was made. When we checked in there was no beer in the fridge but there was wine which I thought was a little strange but not worth reporting. So, what do you do? Nothing. You pay the bill and learn to ask for the mini bar to be emptied before checking in.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank RowenSharp72
PointSamson, Manager at Samson Beach Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

Dear Rowan,

I have been the manger here for the last 3 years and I am proud to say that 99% of people who stay here are very impressed with the level of service and many of those people return to stay with us time and time again however on this occasion a mistake has been made, after our conversation last week I did some further investigation into the mini bar issue and as it turns out the previous guest wasn’t charged on check out for there mini bar, can i just say that at no time what so ever was your account ever charged the $75.00 I apologise for any upset and hope this doesn’t effect your future visits to the Pilbara.

Kind regards

Nicole

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I have stayed at the chalets quite a few times now as a business traveller and I thoroughly enjoy it for what it is.It doesnt have inroom dining or a attached restaurant as such but there are three eating establishments within a 5 minute walk of the chalets.Really it is a oasis in the desert and after a hard day at the mine sites all I long for is a tv (with foxtel) a comfortable bed and the odd plunge in the swimming pool.I must say the free wireless internet is a bonus, try and get that in new york.The Samson beach hotel has really really cold beer and half price t bones on Wednesday nights ($14 ) and that is only 50 steps away.There is also a fish and chip shop below that that does some fairly good restaurant meals as well.Perhaps what I do miss is a gym but if you drink a couple of ice cold beers you can forget what you really miss.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Bigfellah
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We stayed in a 1 bedroom chalet, which is tacked on the end of the 2 bedroom chalets. Very small rooms taken up by the bed. No Ice on arrival for a cold drink, the fridge is the smallest I've ever seen and needed defrosting, the fan didn't work, the cieling light was falling down and the smoke detector started beeping on the last night. Pool was dirty. No Bin. IF I was going to stay there again, I would pay a little extra to get the 2 bedroom chalet. You don't see the small room in the photos. Point Samson itself is a very relaxing place to stay. We normaly stay in our motorhome at the caravan park. It was the small things that added up to a disappointing stay. Attention to detail needed.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TedbeanPH
PointSamson, Manager at Samson Beach Chalets, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2010

Thank you for your comments we appreciate any feed back given to us.

We have 3 types of chalets here 2 bedroom fully self contained chalets, one bedroom fully self contained chalets and Ensuite chalets which offer tea & coffee facilities. I have looked at your booking and see you booked an Ensuite chalet for your stay over the Anzac long weekend not a one bedroom chalet as mentioned in your email I am sorry for any misunderstanding you may have in what type of room you booked.
All our 2 bedroom chalets are stand alone and are not next to other chalets as they sleep up to 10 people at any one time
In your email you mentioned the light hanging down, Sorry yes we have had a problem in the past with the down lights getting hot and popping out this has been hard to rectify as they only pop out once hot (when people have checked in and turned them on) but in saying this we are in the process of putting in new down lights to all chalets so this problem will not occur again.
As for the Smokers next door and the battery going flat in the smoke detector some things are out of our control. I am truly sorry you had a disappointing stay here and hope that in the future you may decide to give us another try.
The Pilbara is a hot, dry and dusty part of Western Australia one good gust of wind can change a sparkling clean pool to make it look not as appealing, hair clips are also a pool owners nightmare when left in your hair whilst swimming they can and have in the past fallen out causing them to rust almost overnight, we clean our pool regularly and I promise you it was done the morning you checked in by a professional pool cleaning company.

Hope to see you in Point Samson again!
Regards Management

#4 of 7 in Karratha
Point Samson Resort
Point Samson Resort
#2 of 2 in Point Samson

Been to Samson Beach Chalets? Share your experiences!