“Pub”

Add it.
The Lanner Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Lanner
Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

Typical local pub. Nice fish tank. Average price beers. Can get very busy on a Saturday night, a bit small but very clean toilets which is nice.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed July 6, 2016

This place feels like a local pub, there is something old school about it, which is a pleasant change in Cornwall now where everywhere seems to be a themed eatery.

Not a huge amount of parking outside, but probably adequate. The welcome seems genuine, the service is excellent, and the beer is well kept. A wide choice of drinks to suit most served in relaxed but clean and tidy environment.

Every time we've been there we end up chatting with someone, if only about the weather. Knowing that it is safe and friendly makes The Lanner Inn a popular choice.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 12, 2016 via mobile

Were running out of options, stumbled onto this B&B. Welcomed by Lindy and made feel very welcome. Rooms was well appointed and clean and everything we needed. The bar was very friendly and we were welcomed by the locals, good takeaway in close proximity. Good location to walking the Lizard and visiting parts of Cornwall, would highly recommend this stopover. We will definitely stay another night.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 29, 2015

We popped in to the Lanner Inn as part of a quick tour show our daughter and son-in-law where I grew up.

I was really glad to see that the Lanner Inn is still in existence - it certainly was an important part of my youth, as my Dad was landlord there for several years in the early 1970's. Obviously it's changed a bit since then - though the structure is mostly as I remember it, the internal configuration is a bit different, and I have to say the atmosphere isn't the same at all.

Though it was clean and tidy (the loo's were sparkling!), and the staff were friendly, I didn't notice any food on sale, and it was a shame that we were the only lunchtime customers. I remember my mum, dad and I struggling to keep up with serving beer, egg & chips, pasties and sausage rolls at practically every lunchtime...and I especially remember serving whisky in any old glass we could lay our hands on during the extraordinary Christmas lunch-time sessions, when almost every year the Climax Male Voice Choir would turn up in a bus and hold a carol service in the pub forecourt. Brilliant!!!

Can't turn back time, of course, but I have to say that the Lanner Inn is still well worth a visit!

Date of visit: May 2015