“Friendly service in a great B&B”
Review of Huntlywood Granary

Huntlywood Granary
and 1 more site!
Huntlywood Granary
Ranked #3 of 4 Earlston B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Friendly service in a great B&B”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed for two nights and really enjoyed our time there. The bedroom was spacious and very comfortable. The whole B&B is very clean and has a warm feel to it. Tasty hot breakfasts were a bonus and perfect for the colder Scottish weather. Great value for money!

Thanks,
Darren and Jara

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bishop Auckland
Reviewed October 29, 2011

My wife and I came to the Scottish borders not knowing anything about the area. Lesley was so typical of borders people, warm welcoming, friendly, and so helpful. My wife, I am delighted to say was working, and I had the time to go walking, it is the most beautiful area, do not miss out folks! The only thing the breakfast is so big, plan an extra 5K on your walk. If you finish breakfast , well done! We were nearly stupid enough to listen to some of the reviews, not sure what is going on there! but it is the most wonderful location and B&B we have ever stayed in, and my job is living away from home to us this was home, well done and thankyou so much Lesley. Laura and I can not wait to come back.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Do not go. Its not good. Take your rubber gloves and clean the bath ( you will be told to do so). Owner does not like FAT PEOPLE. Furniture all over the place. Lots of false reviews I think!!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, take a Padlock with you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Laurence B
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

The granary is a lovely home but not suitable for children, there are ornaments everywhere, I counted 25 on one table, I was on edge the whole evening. It is very much a home with rooms, so much so that during breakfast we had to sit and listen to the owners telephone conversations. The owner had an appointment in the morning so we knew we had to leave. Also some sites state that there are TVs in the rooms; there are not. Not for us but I note that a lot of reviews are good. we also found that the owner spoke about other guests. Not a relaxing night away at all!!

Room Tip: We went to Melrose for dinner which was lovely x
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ssimpson25
Scotland
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have looked at the other reviews which are good and am confused as to actually who they meet at the door as we did not feel welcome enough to sit in the living area or garden as it all seemed so precious. We found Lesley to be charming at first but then the comments about the other guests were unwelcome, the swearing about the garage she was using was uncalled for and her comments about a certain religious group were as well, especially when she did not know us.
The room was immaculate (if a little cluttered), but black lampshades meant you could not read, there was no lock on the bedroom door. No TV in the room meant that you would have to go to the living room but we felt uncomfortable after the breakfast tirade so we did not venture down.
Thankfully there is Hadrian's Wall, Corrbridge etc not too far away so we made our own amusements and we made sure that we returned late to the room. We did not even stay for our breakfast as we did not want to have the challenge again..
The one thing that was absolutely unbelievable were the telephone calls in the middle of the night that were dealt with in the hall at the top of her voice. 11 pm and 1.10am unacceptable. Why not take the phone into your living area/bedroom at night?.
Having to share the bathroom was okay, but it took a while to get organised as there was no shower and a bath takes an age to fill. I hesitated to write this review but I feel that if I had read the other reviews before I had gone, then I would not have booked in the first place. I will return to the area, but not this B and B.

3 Thank mouserstrousers
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2011

my partner and I spent our anniversary weekend at Huntlywood Granary and I have to say it was the best anniversary we'd ever had!! We stay in the city so it was a lovely country break for us. We went out for dinner on the friday night in Melrose, which was lovely, but we spent our saturday night in the gorgeous downstairs living room and got a take away which lesley was more than happy for us to do! The house is absolutely beautiful! very charming and extremely clean! the breakfasts were both 5 star and more than enough! Thanks Lesley! We'll be coming back next year for our anniversary!

Room Tip: The luxury room is well worth the money! Beautiful big room with gorgeous en-suite!
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I would no return. There were lots of things everywhere and no room to leave your own things. We feel like a prisioners in a tiny room, cosy but unconfortable and we have to share the bathroom with other two couples. The man is quite friendly but the woman is a little bit rude and you not dare to use the beautiful garden or the living room, even that they say that you can. Very tasty breakfast, very clean, confortable double bed and a beautiful house, but...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank pilar b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Earlston
The Red Lion
The Red Lion
#1 of 4 in Earlston
Caddon View Country Guest House
Broomfield House
Broomfield House
#2 of 4 in Earlston

Been to Huntlywood Granary? Share your experiences!