In terms of picking a holiday for riding & wildlife viewing (espcially birds), Aguape and its related pousada of Pique couldn't be better. First off, it's a beautiful place where the cows and the animals & birds co-exist in relative harmony, secondly the people from the owners to the cowboys to the barman are charming and courteous. It's not often that you can go riding round a huge farm in the company of the owner! Also, the accomodation is excellent without being over the top and the common areas are very pleasant. It did not take me long to get used to sleeping for an hour or two at midday in a hammock between sorties! I was very pleasantly surprised by the horses which were of a good standard and enjoyable to ride and by the quantity and variety of birds. Of course, sighting mammals is a lot harder, but capibara & both kinds of anteaters were very much in evidence, as were little grey foxes & armadilloes.A truly wonderful experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pousada Aguapé is located 195 km from Campo Grande airport in a cattle farm inside of Pantanal. The lodge offers tours like trekking, photo safari in a 4x4 vehicle, nocturnal animal spotlight, horseback rides, bird watching, cattle handling, tour by motor boat in Aquidauana River, horse carriage and piranha fishing. Rooms with air-condition, ceiling fan and private bathroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Pousada Aguape reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pousada Aguape Hotel Aquidauana
- Pousada Aguape Brazil/Aquidauana