Eagle Point Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Solana(Mabini)
$59
$94
$63
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbaby sharkssepoc islandreef poolboat rideprivate islandsalt water pooltable tennisrock formationshotel roomisland hoppingwhite sandrelaxing viewwelcome drinkpool siderelaxing staymetro manilawater activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2010

If you are into diving/snorkeling, this resort is one of the best choices for you.. If you haven't dived before and want to learn, it's also fine, because the diving instructor gives yo lessons and you get your certificate within one week (~$500)
You can also swim in one of the four pools of the resort..
Food in the restaurant is delicious, waiters are kind and smiling..

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dincer80
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I stayed 5 days here as I wanted to do some diving but wanted quieter accommodation. I stayed in one of the cottages which was less expensive and has a lot more character than the hotel section of the resort. The resort is perched on a rocky shore and has some good snorkelling right in front of it. The sunset views are gorgeous and the 2 swimming pools are great venues to sip a mango shake, read a book and cool off. The restaurant has great seafood although pricey by Philippine standards it is good value for money. The hotel staff are friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs which to me means the management must treat them well. I had a good massage one night and I arranged for diving through the dive shop and was able to share a boat with 3 other guests which meant I dived for about $25 a dive including a boat and full equipment rental-very reasonable. I also did 2 dives right from the hotel including Cathedral Rocks which the boat will take you to but can be done after a surface swim from the dive shop.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank gypsymaman
Reviewed August 24, 2009

Eagle Point Resort turned out to be a perfectly good place for my family to spend a couple of fun-filled days and nights. The food was included in the price, was abundant, and of excellent quality. The service was also very good in all respects. The front desk staff even let my wife and I check our emails on their own computer when they learned we didn't have our own.

Our sleeping room was bigger than most you will find in the Philippines, and the A/C worked like a dream. Only minor downside was that the bathroom was very dimly lit...

The views and location are really wonderful and conducive to a relaxed, laid back stay. Their private beach, an easy 20 minute boat ride away, is really beautiful and they will make you a custom lunch complete with fresh caught and grilled fish...

Eagle Point Resort provided us with good food, sleeping rooms, scenery, and attentive service. Hope to return some day.

Aaron

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Eagle Point Resort is not hard to locate since all the resorts are lined up along the two-lane highway in Mabini, Batangas. Front desk service was quick and easy although the staff didn't seem to have any sense of urgency at all. While she answered all our questions, she took her time moving about. The main restaurant staff were all very accommodating and courteous, but the food items were pricey and not exactly exceptional.

Rooms were ok. I hated the lingering smokey smell that our room had though. Although the sheets and mattresses were thin and the pillows not plush, they were manageable. The bathroom were clean and spacious and I think that was the best part of the rooms.

The amenities faired averagely. The resort is old and needs updating. We did not use any of the resorts' amenities other than the swimming pools and house reef pool which are not the best in the area either. I say, it's a typical average Filipino resort that caters for the middle B/C classes. The house reef pool is cleaned everyday and contains a school of big, fat groupers, which are pretty intimidating at first.

What made the whole trip worth it was the marine life right in front of the resort. Although the waves were not the calmest, snorkeling was pretty easy and the view underwater was just spectacular! Maybe the fact that it was my first time to snorkel made the experience all the more special.

The thing I liked least was the rather hefty price of the board and lodging which doesn't really live up to what the resort offers in terms of food and accommodation. I'm sure the other resorts in the area are pretty much alike anyway.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2009

I went to Eagle Point for a 3D/2N stay with my younger sister who was on a short vacation from Singapore and with our parents. It was just the tricky downhill and uphill ride from the parking area to the resort which kind of taken us aback. We were just wondering why management did not try to make the trek a little more pleasant by clearing the path a little more. My father commented that if it was night time, one could easily get lost. However, upon reaching the resort, the view and the quiet serenity of the place together with the pleasant decorum of the front desk made the trip there worth it. We did not have to wait long to check in although we were initally told that check in was at 2 pm and we got there right about 11 am. Just a few minutes after, we were told that we can already proceed to our room and we were given a ground floor, seaview room at the Terrace hotel. I would say the room was spacious and the view breathtaking. We had our lunch at the resort restaurant and what struck us was the price of the food. It was more on the pricey end but what compensated for it was that the staff at the restaurant were very accommodating and cheerful. They even allowed us to keep our leftover food for later consumption. The view from the restaurant was heavenly and calming. It was all ocean and I would say, we really spent a lot of extra time taking our lunch and taking in the view. Afterwards we strolled thru the entire length of the resort down to its south end. The flora was abundant and we took a lot of beautiful pictures of the flowers and the ocean. We also visited their aviary and though the birds were not too many, we were entertained by how comfortable they were around people. In fact the hornbills approached us and allowed us to take some pictures of them up close.
The resort was a very good escape from the usualy hustle and bustle of a busy city-life. If you are after quiet and peace and ready to take in a lot of sea view and enjoy being surrounded by greenery and constant singing of birds, then this is the place to be. If you came here to ponder or just finish reading a good book, the resort's quiet and isolated location is very ideal. However, I would say it is not for people who look for festive evenings or weekends because the resort could be a very quiet place esp. during non-peak days. Another area that caught our attention too was the reef pool. If you go there early morning just when the fish in the reef pool are waiting for their morning feed, you would see really large lapu-lapus up close and we were even able to take some pics of them. The animals in the resort are very comfy with human company and during high tide in the mornings, you would see colorful fish close by the shore. Although the beach right at the resort is not really one you would swim in because it is rocky and if you are not careful you might step on sea urchins. And then there is the issue of some trash that would wash ashore. Although we know the resort is not the culprit since the trash seem to come from other neighboring towns and neighborhood, still I think the resort should encourage its people to pick up and clean out any trash thats washes along their shore. If you want to swim in the sea or dive is another matter. You would need to shell out extra bucks to go to the neighboring island and dive sites but it is rather a little expensive. So my Sis and I decided to enjoy what the resort had to offer and it was more of the quiet serenity and the beauty of nature in all its splendor. By the way, we were so grateful that the restaurant staff always agreed to set our leftovers aside and they were very kind enough to re-heat it and serve it whenever we wanted it. Although, we would really be happy if the resort tried to expand its menu to include freshly caught fish and probably try to make their choices a little more flexible and affordable. Also maybe a piano or simple entertainment at the restaurant would be nice. A piano that is open for guests to play for probably a fun jamming session would liven up the resort's atmosphere esp. during the evening and maybe some fishing lessons on the side. The fish are really bountiful just right at their shore and it would be a fun experience for the guests esp. the young ones. Also, more visibility of the night duty personnel. My Sis and I opted to swim at the south end pool early one night and apart from the couple who came there shortly after we did, we saw no one else and when my Sis and I decided to leave the pool, the couple followed suit probably feeling intimidated by the utter quiet of the surrounding. Probably if they saw the evening guard somewhere visible, they would have been more comfy staying there longer.
Overall, it was just the respite I wanted after spending countless stressful days at work and well, it's a compliment to the resort because my otherwise finicky parents already expressed their desire to go back there. However, the quiet atmosphere during the evening may be too much for cityfolks who are sometimes longing for some sort of activity and fun during the evening. I suggest that the resort try to come up with creative ideas on how they can help guests enjoy and have fun while there aside from diving and island hopping.
Thanks to July, Christian, Aries at the restaurant and the front desk ladies. We could never forget their warmth and hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2009