“Weekend Visit”
Review of Eagle Point Resort

Eagle Point Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Mabini
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I Stayed at Eagle resort for a couple of nights as it’s very near to here I’m working (around 20km from the end of the Star tollway) I guess the review of any hotel / resort is based on the reviewers previous experiences and what expectations they have. This is certainly the case with a number of reviews for this resort.

The room I stayed in was supposed to be superior (TERRACE HOTEL SEA VIEW) which was one up from the standard room, I have to say although the room was clean it was very dated (Stained ceiling / pealing walls / cracked and broken tiles). The bathroom had a large shower which was somewhat wasted as the shower head only had on hole that let water out. The first night was very noisy as the next room was partying until 3am.

The best part of the resort was the pool bar which played some awesome music, Mary who served me drinks and always wore a smile and the restaurant, the buffet was excellent with plenty of choice.

I booked through Asia Rooms who gave this resort a two star rating which after consideration I think is fair.

If you’re travelling here from any distance bear in mind that it could take up to 2-hours to travel the 20km from the end of the star toll-way to the resort, all depending on the time of day and traffic through san Pascual and Bauan.

Room Tip: Go to a resort in Laiya rather than Mabini, takes slightly longer but far better resorts and beaches...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My family and I, only stayed 1 night at the resort but we had an amazing time. Nice room with 2 double beds. Amazing view off the balcony. Beautiful property. The resort arranged a banca to take us to an island to snorkel - it was great. There is also snorkeling available right in front of the hotel. Fun swimming pool with water slide and a game room for the kids.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I feel it is as important to know who is giving the review as the review itself. My wife (French), my 2 children (6 and 10) and I (American) work and live in Makati. We have lived here for 2 years and have traveled around the Philippines. We traveled to Eagle Point on July 28th to the 30th. Our reviews are from an ex-pats perspective.
This resort has a lot of potential, but is so run down it is just sad. It may have been beautiful at one time, but now it is in serious disrepair. The pool, with the slide (the main reason we went), was out of order and not working. Total disappointment for our kids.
The drive in was SCARY. I scrapped the bottom of my car trying to get over the lip to the drive way. The drive way was extremely steep, and only 1 lane. I had to back out to let traffic coming out of the resort pass. Once in, you are not leaving the resort until you check out.
For our standard Cottage Sea View Room we paid $211 for 2 nights Breakfast for 2. They charged us an extra 1000 peso ($25) per night for bedding, for the extra bed that was stored under the double bed, and an extra breakfast. Our 6 year old ate at half price. The room was big, but there were ants in the room (floor, bathroom), it was far from sound proof (We could hear the people next to us showering and talking). The towels were frayed and old.
The food was not very good either. We first sat at one table that was covered with ants and had to move. We paid on average 1800-2000 pesos a meal for food that wasn't worth the price.
The shark pool was cool to see. They had 5 medium sized Black-tip sharks, Puffer fish, a Grouper and other sea life. You can go in and swim with them. We all got in, but the water was so disgusting I was afraid to put my face in the water. They cleaned it the day we left, but it was a complete disappointment.
The resort also has eagles in cages around the resort. It's cool to see eagles, but sad to know they can't fly anywhere.
The best part of the time there was the trip to Sepoc island (2400 pesos). It took about 20 minutes to get there, and the beach was quiet and nice. We all snorkeled for a bit and saw a good amount of fish, once you got away from the beach. The water was clear, but the coral was pretty badly damaged.
Overall it was a diappointment. We wanted to get away from the city to relax, but instead felt more uneasy. We would not recommend this hotel to anyone, unless serious changes were made.

Room Tip: We had an sea view room, but never saw the sea- too many trees.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TEAM_Benford
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Good hotel, especially for divers. We stayed in very comfortable room with two big double beds that could easily accommodate a family of four. Beautiful view of the sea from the room.

Food at the restaurant is good, very affordable and wait staff are super friendly.

Our group rented a boat to spend the day at a neighboring island with a beach ( because the hotel doesn't have a beach on the premises) complete with freshly cooked lunch. I would totally recommend doing this during your stay.

All around a very comfortable stay with friendly service. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel, the restaurant and facilities area are very good, but I was extremely disappointed by the service quality.
People are all very friendly, sometimes too much, but they need to understand that good service doesn't mean being friendly only!
We stayed in the Terrace Room at the 2nd floor, and the room didn't have hot water. I don't know if it was due to some building issue or due to the water level, but it doesn't matter, the point is they took more than 2 days to change us from one room to another with hot water. Honestly the issue is basic: you open the faucet, there is no hot water coming, you fix the issue in a couple of hours or change the guest to a different room. We kept complaining and they just kept sending someone to our room to check if there was some hot water coming, and no further attitude, a mess!
And besides this major incident, which was unforgivable in my opinion, they not only moved us to a room with a ripped bed sheet but also kept the same ripped bed sheet on the following day. I'd say that putting a ripped sheet can be a mistake, an accident, but when you come back on the following day to clean the room and you just straighten the same ripped sheet in the bed, this is too much laziness and poor quality service!
The other issue were the meals, they took too long to be ready and they were too sweet, everything, everyday! One day I was so mad with the meal, that I ordered a different dish and what happened!?!? They brought the dessert before my meal! And when I mentioned about the pending order, they tried to leave the dessert at the table and went to the kitchen to check the order, if I didn't request to take the ice cream back to the kitchen, I'd have watched it melt while I was waiting for my dish.
Anilao has the best dives that I've ever had in my life so far, even when compared to Bora Bora, in French Polynesia, which will definitely make me come back to Anilao, but never ever again to Eagle Point Resort. Embarrassing management and service quality.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jackie_HK
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at Eagle Point Resort for two nights at the beginning of June. Friendly and attentive staff. The room was above average with its own balcony facing the ocean. Overall, breakfast and dinner were good. You either have a la carte or buffet. The facilities are nice and the day trip to Sepoc Island was worth it. A good day to relax at the island swimming, snorkeling, kayaking, or just relaxing. We drove from Makati City to get to the resort and it is kind of isolated. At night, you pretty much need to stay in there. Even getting from the parking lot to the resort itself and vice versa, you would need to take a shuttle. You need to pay for Wi-Fi services for either a 24-hour period or a 2-hour period. In essence, we enjoyed the place and would consider it again. Enjoy!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I know EPR is quite old but they recently renovated their hotel rooms (at least that...I don't know if they did for the other standalone rooms). The pool was clean, the restaurant is nicely themed but pricey! Don't take the buffet, go ala carte instead. Snorkeling was fun along the rocky beach infront.

Sepoc beach is great but being a diver - i hate to see the corals destroyed infront. They need to rehabilitate that and have the boatmen stop dropping their big anchors.

Their dive center is not enticing....it looked boring.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Levelalpha
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabini
Sea's Spring Resort Hotel
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay

Been to Eagle Point Resort? Share your experiences!