“Best place for photographers”
Review of Club Ocellaris

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mabini
Club Ocellaris
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Mabini
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Brilliant dive guides: marine biologists, knowledgeable underwater photographers, with great sense of humor. Food is good, accomodations clean and basic. Not much else to do except from diving and underwater photography, but then again, this is exceptional here.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
8  Thank 75Patricio

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Just spent my 20th or so stay at Club O, first time with the family. It was great to be there so close to the holidays and be with such warm hospitality from Joy and her wonderful team. Club O as always is not the place for everyone. It caters to folks who are serious about diving and want some of the best dive guides on the planet to lead them. It also caters to those who want a genuine rustic, but very comfortable experience. To like-minded adventurers it is a paradise. To those that want four star accommodation and lots of extras, you should look elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Terrence G
Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you want a low-key, unpretentious dive resort that allows you to dive, dive and dive to your heart's content you have come to the right place. Morning dives are followed by a leisurely lunch and a nap. The third and fourth dives are essentially night muck dives, catering for photography and videography. Dive times of 81,95,70,88,80 and 75 minutes tell their own story. Be warned, however, there are no bars, shops or karaoke nearby!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sydney C
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I had been told about Club O by some friends but due to the lack of a website I didn't really know what to expect. I'd heard that it was a dive centre frequented by some of the better known names in Underwater photography, as well as scientists specialising in Opistobranchs.
I was looking for somewhere that was comfortable and catered for a photographer with a somewhat unhealthy obsession towards Nudibranchs - I was not disappointed.
I'd opted for the 4 dives a day package with Nitrox.
In all I managed about 38 hours underwater over the course of 24 dives. Well over 150+ species of Nudibranch found thanks to Peri, Alexis and Roland.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank benzonar
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I lived in Manila for 6 years and came back to Ocellaris several times. It is a gem. Major underwater photographers come here because the dove masters know how to find whatever you are looking for. In fact, the dive masters have been with scientists as they discovered new species!

The food is great--the best in the area. Ask for the rooms that overlook the water, although the dorm style rooms are get as well. All the lounge space is great in between dives and in the evenings. It almost felt like my second home!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank WorldTravelingDiver
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been to Club "O" three times now and my husband has been there NINE times. We LOVE this place, the dive guides, the staff and the food. Everyone there, from the cook (August) to the staff (Joy, Jo Ann and the girls) to the dive boat help (Buddy, Obit, Jeremy and others) and the dive guides (Alexis, Peri and Ivan), is wonderful and so very helpful. The rooms are simple (now with a/c), but cleaned daily, comfortable and quiet. As said in other reviews, you cannot find a place where the diving is so relaxed, where you can dive as long as you want, and have such good dive guides who find you great critters to photograph. I will always go back to Club "O" and highly recommend this place to people all over the world.

Room Tip: If you have a choice, choose a lower room. The stairs are excruciating to climb so many times a day.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Debbie J
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just returned after our second dive trip in 12 months to Anilao. We stayed at Club Ocellaris both times and dove with Alexis as our guide. Our best friends traveled with us on this last trip and dove with Ben as their guide. Both guides were absolutely awesome! Alexis is super with photographers and has really helped improve our photography skills. Ben treated our friends with a 10 y/o diver as if they were his family showing them one incredible dive experience after another. The accomodations are simple, very comfortable and clean with great views of the ocean. It's very quiet as there are no other resorts on either side and room for only about 16 guests. All 3 meals are inclussive and great. My husband and I have over 800 dives each, have dove all around the world and this is one of the few places we will come back to time and time again as we continuously find awesome critters to photograph. We were also never limited in the time we spent on each dive. Some were 90 min long.

Room Tip: I did not find A/C to be necessary as the mosquitos were only out at sun set and the fan and sea bre...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Stephanie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabini
Eagle Point Resort
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa
White Castle Resort & Hotel

Been to Club Ocellaris? Share your experiences!