“Taking an Advance NAUI license”
Review of Planet Dive

Planet Dive
Ranked #2 of 11 Specialty Lodging in Mabini
Reviewed January 25, 2013

In the winter vacation, I alone went there and took the advance license.
I was able to communicate with them to tell any difficulties.
So I have decided to take Nitrox course.
To become an independent diver, I was able to ask them any questions and they replied.
Unfortunately my very new KDDI cell phones was broken and for about a week I wasn't able to communciate with any in home country. But after all I found it was very nice to make some friends there rather than looking into the mobile.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mai173

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We were upgraded to a room closest to the dive center and with an awesome view! Initial room on the mid level was quite a steep hike back and forth. Food was good and varied everyday. We had a fabulous time diving even though vis wasn't the greatest. Most boat rides are only 10 to 15 minutes from the resort. Can't wait to go back again!

Room Tip: Ask for room closest to the dining area. Otherwise you'll be hiking up and down the steep stair...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed there for 4 nights . Good resort for diving . Nice DM tony boy ... Tqvm for guiding us . Generally staffs are nice .

Food are good . But surprise do not have fruits for every meal for 5 days . May be its my personal eating habit and been to many dive resort all serving fruits in their meal . At least serve some cheaper local fruits etc。

very surprise that there is no one cleaning the room and toilet for 5 days . Is this a back packer lodge ? No towel replace in the room as well . But u can get a new one at dive center everyday of coarse .

Overall dive centre staff and boat man are very helpful .
Free Internet is avail .. Speed are good but have To fight for slot . Only 4-5 user at one time . Hey better than nothing .

Hope the management improve on room quality and house keeping services .

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My son and I arrived in Manila very late from US flight on annual father/son dive trip and caught taxi to Midas hotel (very nice with great breakfast buffett). We arranged for Planet to pick us up for private transfer ($120) at 7a and they were there at 6:30a. We learned that we were also picking up Joey one of the owners who would also be our dive master for our stay at Planet. Arrived at Planet in about 2:15 hours and it was very basic but clean with lots of local charm and adequate for our purposes. We were the only divers on each dive so we had great service from Joey and his team. I would describe the food as momma's home Filipino cooking- also basic but often delicious. The best thing about staying at Planet was the free shore dive right in front at Twin Rocks- excellent diving with giant clams, turtles and schooling jacks, beautiful. The muck diving in the area is fun (something we had never experienced) but our dive on the otherside of Sombrero Island was breathtaking. Over 100 feet vis and more fish and formations than you could imagine- don't miss it. I would highly recommend staying at Planet dive if you are visiting the Anilao area. See my review of El Galleon/asia Divers in Puerto Galera as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank xldfw
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Anilao is about an hour and a half drive from Alabang...and when I get the dive bug, its Planet Dive for me.
Parking is on the upper deck and the steps to the lower deck is narrow. The seascape is always prestine.
Dive prep is a breeze... shore entry is always my choice...liesure dive..stress free..and you come acrross a couple of jacks... the water is full of marine life. The sunken barge attracts a couple of bigger reef fishes...next thing i knew..my tank was half full. I keep this for a second run.
Lunch Time. A buffet spread of roast beef, steamed grouper and lotsa greens. The rest of the entree' i didn't mind.
I was so full, i took a nap. Waking to the sound of a passing dive boat i went for a cup of java. I decided to snorkel around and it was feeding the fishes ( which we shouldn't) .
Worries of the world is forgotten when i am in this marine garden. Beautiful!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank GourmetGabe
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Just spend a weekend at Anilao with Planet Dive. It was my second time to be at Anilao. Met the manager and co-owner of the shop. They were very nice and gave us lots of good advice of diving at Anilao. Unlimited House Reef diving (Twin Rocks) was a good selling point and Twin rocks dive site was really nice. The room is just renovated and had a good sea view. Foods were delicious and tasty. The dive service were professional. DM was really responsible and kind. It's good bargain lodge at Anilao after all.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Stayed here a few times mainly because of the great location - it's the closest resort to the twin rocks. few steps, short swim, and you're there! Real convenient especially if you/your friends just plan to go snorkeling or if you decide on a last-minute swim before check-out. The drive is also farther from the main road but it's all worth it. No staff ready to meet you at the gate -- critical when it's your first time there. Way to receiving area at the bottom is cris-crossed with paths and stairs going to rooms and dead-ends. People are friendly. Service is basic, no frills, but they definitely make you feel at home. Stayed at the green room - size enough for two people. air-conditioning kept us cool though it comes with some noise. Turning it off is too hot. Lacks a bit of privacy. The curtains leave rather big gaps in between them. Strategic swimsuit change required especially when the inside of the room is unavoidably brightly lit. Bathroom window might also need a screen to make sure insects are kept out.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mabini
Eagle Point Resort
Seascape Resort
#2 of 2 in Bauan
Casa Escondida Anilao Resort & Dive Center
Anilao Scuba Dive Center

Been to Planet Dive? Share your experiences!