“Divin with”
Review of Dive and Trek

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bauan
Dive and Trek
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bauan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

A perfect combination of eating after diving. I would like to praise the quality if food, among other dive resorts in Batangas. It's also good for diving beginners as they see the dive site "School Reef" a lot of fishes just from shore diving. One thing that can be improved is the rooms. I would like to recommend this resort to divers.

Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Dive and Trek

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our dive trip at Dive and Trek was truly an awesome experience! The staff were very friendly, food was great, rooms were big and clean, and so many dive sites just a few steps from the shore. Im sure gonna come back ( over and over again) to this place very soon!!!:)

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank men911
Reviewed December 18, 2012

As a fairly new diver, each dive center I dive with opens my eyes. I went to Dive and Trek with a very experienced diver who recommended it.
Granted, getting there isn't easy. There is a boat transfer. But, they took care of that. With one phone call, our boat was on its way.
Once at the resort, I could see that it was isolated. If you want to be isolated, this is the place. It was so quiet, which was great for me.
Each group has their own pre-dive area to put gear together. I found this to be a nice touch. My dive buddy and I discussed what we'd see, went over each other's gear, and planned what I would accomplish with the dive (practice neutral buoyancy).
Our dive master was accommodating. He knew I was a newbie, so he paid extra attention to me for the first dive. With a bit of a weight-belt issue (not enough weight), he added weight and then I was fine.
Our SI was about an hour, so we progressed to the second location which was further away from the resort. At this location, which was shallower, we saw a lot more activity, including a huge school of Jacks. This was amazing to see! Apparently, they are the only school of Jacks in the area.
Our boat driver and assistant were good fellows. They played an assortment of music during the trip. The other divers were nice to speak with, and we all had lunch together.
The lunch provided was better than I expected. The resort laid on a nice buffet.
I found the price to be very reasonable for 2 dives and boat transfers. The staff were all very good, and I would return to dive here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2012

It was difficult to get there, but SO Worth it.
You have to take a bus from Manila(costs 170p per person), then a tricycle from Batanga pier(costs 200p). They will try to get much more for the trip. We paid 600p the first time.
After the fast trip with the tricycle, they will send a boat to get you. the boat trip takes 30min, but the view is insane.

The water is blue and clear, even in the wet season.
The staff is respectfull and helps you with everything.
The food could be better since they deepfrie almost everything, but they serve you fresh fruit and fruitshakes like you've never gotten one before.

The view and the Dives at this place is incredible.
The price is 3550p if you dive and 3050 if you dont for each day. For 500p you get all the dives you want, but you have to pay more if you wanna go somewhere with a boat.
If you come in the weekend you will NOT be alone, but if you come Monday to Thursday there will be only you and the staff.

Room Tip: The rooms top site has the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Henrik C
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The dive locations are plentiful and beautiful. Even the free house reef. The food is tasty but there isn't too much variety. Lunch was quite late (around 2 pm). It was pretty good considering I was starving lol. The boat propeller broke so we couldn't leave the island for a few hours after dark. I suppose that says something. On the flip side they did tote our diving gear around for us, and lend a hand when you're putting on your gear. There is no cover on the boat so I strongly suggest sunscreen, an umbrella, or at least a large hat. If you're heading to the twin rocks dive location, know that it's an hour boat ride (one way). Overall I would say the resort is lukewarm. It's not great, and it's not terrible. But don't expect a lot. This place is really only decent because of the diving.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Stephen Y
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I have been there with my husband and our 6 years old daughter upon our arrival into the Philippines. The resort has guests during the day but most of the evenings we had the entire place all for us.
The room has basic forniture with limited storage capability, but is clean (no ants!!!) and confortable. Room housekeeping was made daily (never found in any other place where we stayed in the Philippines).
The staff is very friendly and really made us feel wellcome and cared of: when we were there our daughter was ill and they made any effort to satisfy our needs. We even didn't need to ask, they seemed somehow to guess what we needed.
Food was simple (but probably also because they tried to prepare something that also a young western girl can eat) but good and well prepared. Watermouthing philippino brewed coffee and fruit shakes!
Unfortunately there was no wi-fi during our stay, they said it has been damaged by a storm and they still have to repare.
Snorkeling on the marire reserve in front of the resort is really excellent: a great variety of fishes, corals, anemones, starfishes. I could also see a small turtle.
Our daughter missed the beach, but we knew there wasn't, otherwise it would have been simply the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Yes it's character building to get there given the printed map on the website bears little relation to the reality of the road chaos. However we made it in the end and we're pleasantly surprised by the ease of arranging plenty of diving and the relaxed staff. There were always people sweeping and cleaning yet there was always trash in the water and around the shore - really off putting. For a 'marine conservation resort' it is totally hypocritical to feed the fish, I was really angry about that. Our three boys made very welcome but not much for them to do there. Food was good. A pleasant and good value stay overall despite one or two grumbles. Would go back.

• Stayed: May 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bauan
Eagle Point Resort
Club Balai Isabel
Club Balai Isabel
#1 of 2 in Talisay
Canyon Cove Hotel & Spa

Been to Dive and Trek? Share your experiences!