“Neutral”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Warning: what you're about to read is an extremely neutral review. The place didn't strike me in any way, positive or negative, there are some savory dishes to be tried out and I have also tasted some really ordinary ones on the same evening. Service was the same, pretty ok. I'm sure many people come here for the very typical&traditional dishes of the area, but in my opinion the whole thing somehow lacks in character on the whole. The area on the other hand is pretty bucolic and probably worth a visit.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed July 10, 2018

Great food, view of the castle from the patio dining area. The gnocchi was the best I've ever had; soft and pillowy, but not mushy. Just the perfect tomato sauce and fresh local cheese sprinkled on top. Oh, my, I can still imagine it!! Husband had the local specialty soup - a thick bean soup made by a secret local recipe. According to the card we received, he had bowl number 10,864! People were friendly, spoke very little English, but with my limited Italian and their limited English we managed to communicate quite well. A delightful place.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 18, 2018

Lovely food and very helpful staff. Great choices of the local food and we sat outside in the front courtyard

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

It is a great place to have a dinner at silence and cozy atmosphere of this Trattoria. The food was great made with love and care. The staff was great - very friendly and professional. Many thanks to owners for perfect place!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed January 6, 2017

We stopped for lunch on our way to the seaside . The restaurant is about 10 min drive from the Ovada exit on the motorway, in a very nice position. We loved our lunch and this place is a good representative of the gorgeous food that the Piedmont region has to offer. Well worth the stop.

Date of visit: January 2017