“friendly welcoming staff”

Ye Olde Boot and Shoe
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rossendale
Ye Olde Boot and Shoe
Ranked #2 of 9 Rossendale B&B and Inns
Leominster, United Kingdom
“friendly welcoming staff”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We booked here because of its proximity to an event we were attending. We had a friendly welcome. The bedrooms we were given were pretty and homely - very clean.
The owners were helpful and cheerful with a good sense of humour. We would definitely stay again if we come to this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Heather S

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here while on business as my customer recommended it! The room was surprisingly modern and very clean. The bed was very comfy and the room has all you need for an over night stay. The shower room was very new and the shower was very powerful and hot. The pub itself is very friendly and both the staff and the locals made me very welcome. The home made food was hearty and very well presented, it was almost too much!

I highly recommend this b&b !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve J
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just returned from my 2nd week's trip to Waterfoot on business with some colleagues, staying at the Olde Boot.

We really appreciated Helen and Veto's friendly approach to running the place... we were well looked after with great food and nice rooms.

Definitely recommend the Boot to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andrew H
Lancs
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Visited this venue quite a number of times recently. It's a great place to chat to the very friendly locals and the guy who owns the pub, have a lovely home cooked meal and chill out after a hectic week in the office. I visit most of the pubs. / eateries in the area and this place ranks in the top two for me. The food is very good and priced very competitively. I like real ale and they have pride of Pendle on at £2 a pint. It's the cleanest pub I go in the landlord tries very hard to make things clean and comfortable for everyone that goes in there. Don't take my word for it give it a try it's a great place.

Room Tip: There aren't any rooms in the pub but I believe the landlord has accommodation across the road f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dunc2010
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We arrived today to visit some family , thought we would treat ourselves to a nice meal out at ' ye olde boot & shoe' , can highly recommend, food was absolutely gorgeous, can't wait to eat here again tomoz. Very friendly staff, excellent service x can't wait to visit again, made to feel at home x

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank mrsmonty021011
Newchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

To all people thinking of dining or visting, please read.

On 25/11/12 I decided to take 3 of my children out for Sunday dinner.

I would usually take them to the ecellent nearby local pub 'The Jolly Sailor', Waterfoot. As it happens, 'The Jolly Sailor' wasn't serving food on this occasion as they were very busy holding a fundraising weekend.

So I was advised to try the 'YE OLDE BOOT AND SHOE' Waterfoot.

I went in with my children at around 5pm, to be told they would be serving food ater the football around 6pm.

I returned just after and was shown where to sit and handed a menu.

I approached the bar and began to place my food order, at which point the landlord beside me told me that they would not be serving food to me........??????

I asked why not ???

He said they would not be serving food as I had children with me...............!!!!!!!!

I asked him again as I was shocked, and he said ...we wont be serving children in here.....!!!!

In the 15 years that I have been a parent this has NEVER ever happened to me !!!!!!

So be warned, if you plan a stay or a meal at the 'YE OLDE BOOT and SHOE' Waterfoot, Rossendale, Lancashire, please think wisely and don't take your children !!!

Disgusted mother of 4.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank Fabia Miah A
halifax
Reviewed June 25, 2012

10 of our party stayed in the new bunk house whilst mountain biking the pennine bridalway. New clean and tidy bunk house, all the mod cons and secure storage for the bikes. The pub across the road had cheap beer and made a big effort in making good food for us even though we arrived late. I must also mention the fantastic job Mark did in fixing the brakes on my bike, although we did not arrive untill 8pm on the sunday night, he pulled out all the stops to fix my bike.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank aliginer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rossendale
Best Western Old Mill Hotel & Leisure Club
#1 of 2 in Rossendale
The Britannia B&B
The Britannia B&B
#1 of 2 in Bacup

Been to Ye Olde Boot and Shoe? Share your experiences!