“Beautiful!”

Schloss Schleissheim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Nice, relaxing, uncrowded with two beautiful palaces. I really loved walking there every evening. In the summer the park closes at 8, so plan another route if walking back!

There are newer reviews for Schloss Schleissheim

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We live just down the street from here so I never gave this palace much thought. Recently, we went on an excursion to all of the Munich palaces. I was surprised that this is my absolute favorite (Neues Schloss). It is often practically empty, so you feel like you own the place. It has a massive garden in the back that leads to Lustheim which houses a porcelain collection. The Altes Schloss houses a nice museum but the Neues Schloss is the real gem. The entry is also super cheap. Don't miss the big hall, staircase and gallery.

2  Thank asarnoci
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I found this palace outside of Munich well worth a trip. Unfortunately, I think most public transportation won't take us there. This is probably the most under-rated sight in Munich as we practically had the whole palace to ourselves where you can pretty roam around on our own. There is a grand staircase with beautiful frescoe ceilings as well as a beautiful grand room on the second floor. Other than that, there are his and hers regal apartments on each side of the palace and many, many painting collections on display, almost like a mini museum.
I think this is much more interesting than Nymphemberg Palace and the garden is more beautiful too. Fortunately, it did not get destroyed in WW2.

3  Thank dhlchung
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Palace garden was right next to where we stayed in the Chalet zum Kurfurst....in fact our Chalet was in the Schlosspark wall! We arrived in the dark the night before after a long flight to Munich Airport, so we got a wonderful surprise when we looked out our window the next morning, right into the Schlosspark itself! Right after breakfast we entered the park from the gate right next to our hotel and enjoyed a very relaxing & beautiful walk through the stunning palace gardens. This was the best start to our visit to Germany!

1  Thank Ros-Ann13
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I started coming to Munich in 1966 and never got to Schleissheim Palace until a week ago, due to my screwing up my flight departure times. If you have any interest in 18th century architecture, it is a must. I was amazed how beautiful the rooms were and how well they have been maintained. The gardens are also beautiful, but not as remarkable as many in England and the Loire Valley. Close by is the first airport in Bavaria (about 1912) and a nice but not first rate collection of planes. So something for everyone. All this is close to the FJS Airport and easily reached by the S-Bahn. It IS a bit of a hike from the train station to the palace, but certainly worth it.

3  Thank RobLaw47