“Excellent and Best Punjabi Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Karnal Haveli

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Karnal
Karnal Haveli
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Karnal
New Delhi, India
“Excellent and Best Punjabi Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Haveli by far is the best place to have north indian food. On the way to Himachal in this Nov we stopped to have have breakfast. The parathas and daal makhani was to die for. The parathas were so delicious that I dont mind travelling again for 2 hours from delhi just to have breakfast here at Haveli. Great food and great value for money. Dont miss this one if you are on they to himchal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank rrajpa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

On GT Karnal Road and not stopping by at this place is an opportunity missed. Though you can always get some great North Indian Punjabi food across the road all over in some great Dhabas but still this is a place to take a break and enjoy the ambience, do some window shopping, get refreshed and move on. Remember there are plenty of them now on the Franchise model - Panipat, Ambala etc. This one is the oldest.
We enjoyed the food at the Punjabi Dhaba Restaurant. The service was quick and food was excellent. We went for Maki ki Roti and Sarson Ka Saag from a-la-carte and ordered the Amritsari Naan and Cholle Thali. Sine we were 6 of us, we decided to share and ordered 3 each. But the portions are good enough and the food being heavy, you will be stuffed soon. We enjoyed our kulchas and cholle. Best part is that they are happy to pack the leftovers, so we got the Saag packed. It was delicious and I enjoyed my dinner with it after mixing with some chicken in it and coming up with Chicken Saag Wala!!

The washrooms are not that clean. Thanks to the heavy traffic. But they try to do a good job. Attendants are always there.

Have a Paan from the shops outside to end the culinary experience!!

On An average - 250 Rs pp with Soft Drinks/Lassi

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank REVENUEMANAGER
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

This was my nth visit to Haveli since I am a frequent traveller between Delhi and Chandigarh. The food which ia usually the highlight was abaolutely sub standard. I was shocked at the service which bordered on rude. I never thought that this would have happened at one of my favourite properties.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Harish N
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Karnal haveli has a Nice erhnic style restaurant. Food quality is good and service is also nice.Must eat Punjabi stuffed paranthas with fresh curd. Jaggery after food is very nice. Children enjoy small camel ride. Good stop on NH One.

Stayed October 2012
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

While traveling from Delhi to Punjab, this palace like restaurant is in just after Karnal... amazing food. I have been visiting Haveli for more than a decade now and the food still tastes amazing.. ambiance is proper Punjabi with a truck parked inside the restaurant. Best place for a stop over.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

When i moaned to my friend about having to go to Kurukshetra for a hiring event my friend told me to enjoy it and said i would be able to use this as a chance to go to the Karnal Haveli. Apparently this is a MUST go to place if you are on this road.

As you can see from my poor rating of two sauce bottles, i suggest you skip it and just try your luck at the hundred of "dhaba's" or road side hotels you will find.

We has d the channa bhatura and the Channa had way too much garam masala. I usually judge bhatura's by how much sourness they have due to the yogurt in the dough and this was so slight that the only thing that made it seem like a bhatura was the shape and thickness and oiliness. However, when you put it together it tasted pretty ok. If you like channa, go for it.

So despite the fact that I didn't like the place much, it is quite popular. Even in the early lunch hours there was quite a crowd.

The decor is also interesting. They have kitsch Indian stuff, from the small bullock cart reproduction and large copper pots.

The lassi only had one thing going for it - the temperature. It was perfectly chilled. That said, I have had thicker lassi at other places. The least I expected was some malai on top and I didn't even get that. Water would have done. That said, at least they got the sugar and tangy ness just right.

We also had some stuffed paratha's. The daal paratha was really bland and you couldn't tell what it was really filled with. I am not a huge fan of daal puri anyways but trust me, that isn't what is influencing my assessment of this. Now the gobi paratha was stuffed very nicely and was spicy and tasty. If anything you MUST have this paratha. But then again, you can get a good paratha anywhere on the road in India!

Saucy Shireen!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SaucyShireen
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

Excellent Location. One of the best Hotel in Karnal. Excellent Staff. room, services. Rooms are clean. I had stay in President Suite in very nominal price. Good Restaurant. Perfect Budget Hotel. PErfect Food. Eat what you want. Perfect ambience. Perfect place to stay

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends