St. James's Club & Villas
The Copper and Lumber Store Historic Inn(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
$215
$167
Travelocity
Admiral's Inn & Gunpowder Suites(English Harbour)(Great Value!)
$370
$185
Antigua Yacht Club Marina Resort(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$189
$183
Travelocity
South Point Antigua(English Harbour)
$1,165
$816
Official Site
Nonsuch Bay Resort(Freetown)(Great Value!)
$376
Hotels.com
Carlisle Bay Antigua(Saint Mary's)
$575
$726
$339
  • Breakfast included
Pineapple Beach Club Antigua(Willikies)(Great Value!)
$354
$324
  • Breakfast included
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
$700
Jumby Bay Island(St. John's)
$1,504
3,608 results
All reviewswater sportspiccolo mondoatlantic siderainbow gardena la cartest jamesbeachfront roombeach frontper personall inclusive packageshirley heightsroyal suitenightly entertainmenttennis courtscatamaran tripbay beachgreat resort
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Newport, South Wales
Reviewed October 9, 2005

My boyfirned and I stayed at this resort for a week from the 30th September 2005 - and a week was all you could cope with here.

All the reviews I had read said that the place was relaxing, but they didn't say it was completely dead and lifeless!

The only entertainment was the casino bar which to be honest was completely lacking in any kind of character and was sleazy, dark and depressing.

The food was ok but practically the same every night -after one week we were bored and dying for something different! In fact, the general concensous was 'give me a curry, pizza or anything other than meat,fish and rice'! Add to that the hotel had imposed a cruise dress code which meant that men could only wear trousers, chinos, and shirts with collars for evening meals which we had not been told about when booking the place. This meant a trip into St Johns for my boyfriend and I as we had only brought 1 pair of trousers for him and 3 jeans (which weren't allowed!) and 2 shirts and a load of t-shirts - without collars!

There was a good range of watersports (thank god) but things like snorkelling and reef fishing were extra. The water sports guys however, were quite unapproachable and blase to say the least. We had an experience on one particular day when all the watersports guys were playing cricket on the beach, totally oblivious to the fact that one of their hobie cats (mini catermeran) had capsized with two guests on it! They had been drifting for quite a while before they were spotted. Didn't really instill much confidence in us.

The rooms were ok, but our patio door was totally off the runners and meant that only my boyfriend could open it. Cleanliness I have to say was very good and the cleaners even arranged our toiletries for us!

All in all, if you're looking for somewhere you literally do nothing (at all!) and like the same meal every night, then St James Club is the place for you. I would say its a place for couples 50+ but that would be unfair as I think even they would get bored.

Safe to say we won't be going back.

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 3, 2005

myself and my girlfriend have just arrived back(2/10/5) after a week at the Beach Club at St james's. We travelled with Virgin and had absolutly no complaints at all, the room was spacious and the aircon(essential) was a welcomed break from the the heat, they weather was excellent in the 30's
everyday with hardly any cloud, only slight problem is the nights are very humid so the restaurants can become a little uncomfortable on some evenings.

The food was pretty good and the piccolo(extra charge) is by far a better standard, we visited twice as this was more relaxed and service was better here, but be careful of the mosquitos. the other restuarants were ok but if
your a big eater i wouldn't say meals were particuarly large.

The beach was great on the momaora side there was a bit of seaweed but no real problems and the breeze here was welcomed. the beach on the st james side was unbearbly hot with no breeze. swimming pools were a little small and not too our taste.... the beach was better and cooler.

Evenings were pretty quiet and spent just chatting around the casino and bar... if you go to the casino Claudette was a great laugh and only one who seemed to enjoy her job.

all in all was a very relaxed, enjoyable holiday.

19  Thank boat1980
Reviewed September 27, 2005

Hi Just back from a 10 night trip with my boyfriend and we had a very relaxing holiday! It's feels like an even better experience now that I'm back and have put down a day at work!

The setting and layout of the reort is amazing - picture perfect! The amenities are great 3/4 pools, 3 restaurants, casino, 2 beaches, water sports!

There are 2 reasons why I would have my reservations - the atmosphere does not live up to the surroundings and it's quite isolated! I was slightly taken back by the attitude of staff - the are very nonchalant and stand-offish, once you realise that they are like this with everyone and that this is the rule rather than the exception it's easier to live with. There are a few members of staff that are friendly and 'genuine' but most really don't seem to want to be there - well that's how they act towards the customers - they seem to be happy enough amoung themselves!

The rooms are large, clean and adequately furnished - they are serviced daily. We experienced no noise problems with the air conditioning or the renovations - we may have just been well placed!

If you are not a big eater/drinker I wouldn't reccommend the all inclusive - we tried a few days with it and a few days without- we saved about $50 a night between the 2 of us! If don't go all inclusive Picalo Mondo is about the same price as Docksider or Rainbow, where as on all inclusive you have to pay a $35 surcharge!. The food is much nicer the service is 100% better than the other restaurants and the atmosphere is more relaxed - the other restaurants can tend to be rushed at times! AI costs $100 US per person per day so see how you go!

Bring lot's of cash - getting buy is dearer than Ireland!!

Lunch (1 course and drinks) - $20US
Dinner (2 courses and drinks) - $40US

Drink in the casino for free if you are not all inclusive!!

I would reccommend it if you want to do nothing but laze by the pool and have VERY quiet evenings - there isn't much opportunity to leave the resort - so if you arte not one for spending your holiday in the confines fo the resort this is not for you!

17  Thank BurrenNRG
Reviewed September 21, 2005

Just returned from an 11 night break at this hotel. Not impressed with the shabiness of the rooms, our room had constant problems with the plumping, the enamel was wearing off the bath around the plug hole and it took all our strength to open up the patio door. The block we were in needs a total refit, however it may be on the list as another block was being refitted hence lots of noise and there is also construction noise from the villas some of which are being rebuilt!
If you can look aside from the shabby rooms and furniture in the Casino bar, the fact that at the first sign of a downpour the staff at the Reef Deck bar do a runner leaving the holiday makers to fend for thereselves you should have a good time.
On the upside the location is beautiful and very remote and private, if travelling with Virgin Hols the Virgins Ahoy on a Monday is a must and a great trip. Entertainment at the hotel not great but we went in slow season, the food is good although a bit samey in the Rainbow Garden at lunchtimes. The rooms are spacious but a bit shabby.
As for the staff it seems some of the younger members begrudge being at work and getting a smile from them is like getting blood out of a stone, however the older members of staff were very helpful and full of smiles. All our complaints and housekeeping issues were dealt with very promptly.
I would recommend this hotel but if they put you in a room begining with 1 then ask for another room especially if you have young childen.

Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank Happytripper1974
Reviewed September 18, 2005

Mr. & Mrs Pritchard, Shropshire uk

I have to say I was extremely nervous after reading some of the reviews about this hotel as we had planned our wedding here with 11 guests!
We flew with virgin Atlantic and although very tiring it was a good flight. We arrived at VC bird airport, it is at this point you know your in the Caribbean! The pan band gives you entertainment while you wait to clear immigration for about an hour in the stifling heat, once through immigration is where the fun really begins! getting your luggage is a nightmare so be prepared! The drive to the hotel is amazing, taking in all the views and seeing how the locals live.
When we arrived we were greeted with a well needed rum punch while we cheque in. We did encounter a huge problem at this point, virgin had only allocated my fiancée and myself one room, so there were none available for the other 11 members of our group, It took over four hours to get the 4 rooms we needed and then they were given unclean so we had to wait further for the cleaners to arrive, as you can imagine after 36 hours awake and young children extremely tired this was unacceptable, this did put a dampener on the start of our holiday and I did get upset! The next day however was a new start and as we explored the hotel it really is beautiful and I was very pleased! The rooms are large and spotlessly clean with good air con and the bathroom has a huge bath tub! The grounds were very well kept with some beautiful plants and trees ( look out for the aloe vera plants the sap work wonders on bites and sunburn!) All of our party got bitten a lot although I didn't see many mosquitoes so take some strong repellent. As you will probably know there are two beaches the Atlantic has a wonderful breeze and is so relaxing, the little drinks buggy drives up and down the beach on a regular basis serving lots of drinks. Mamora beach is so picture perfect but unbearably hot, the water is calm and its great fun to have a go on kayaks or other water sports they offer. Make friends with the yellow lady, she has a little stall selling souvenirs, she is great fun and very friendly!
In the evening we had a choice of three restaurants, the docksider is all open overlooking the water, Rainbow garden is cooler but not as picturesque. At Piccolo mondo, there is a surcharge of $35 we got a voucher to eat here once all-inclusive, we saved it till our last night, all I can say is WOW! its the best meal I've ever had, the food in all the restaurant were excellent along with the service. We did encounter a few unhelpful ignorant staff but on the hole they were kind & pleasant
On a Sunday night you have to go to Shirley heights its so much fun, they have good food, strong rum punches and the best music it really is memorable! (if you don't have too many of them punches that is!).
We went on a few trips the Wadadli cruise is good fun, a good way to top up your tan while seeing the whole island. Montserrat is expensive but I would pay it again its breathtaking defiantly worth the money.
We got married on the first Friday of our holiday, if anyone is thinking of getting married here book it! we had the best day, its well organised, beautiful decorated location and the minister who does the service makes you at ease and and said some really special words.
If anyone is put off by anything they read I would erg you to ignore it and get your own experience, this is a great hotel we had a fantastic time.
Thanks for reading