Just returned from an 11 night break at this hotel. Not impressed with the shabiness of the rooms, our room had constant problems with the plumping, the enamel was wearing off the bath around the plug hole and it took all our strength to open up the patio door. The block we were in needs a total refit, however it may be on the list as another block was being refitted hence lots of noise and there is also construction noise from the villas some of which are being rebuilt!
If you can look aside from the shabby rooms and furniture in the Casino bar, the fact that at the first sign of a downpour the staff at the Reef Deck bar do a runner leaving the holiday makers to fend for thereselves you should have a good time.
On the upside the location is beautiful and very remote and private, if travelling with Virgin Hols the Virgins Ahoy on a Monday is a must and a great trip. Entertainment at the hotel not great but we went in slow season, the food is good although a bit samey in the Rainbow Garden at lunchtimes. The rooms are spacious but a bit shabby.
As for the staff it seems some of the younger members begrudge being at work and getting a smile from them is like getting blood out of a stone, however the older members of staff were very helpful and full of smiles. All our complaints and housekeeping issues were dealt with very promptly.
I would recommend this hotel but if they put you in a room begining with 1 then ask for another room especially if you have young childen.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay