My girlfriend and I recently stayed at the St. James Club, and it was a great vacation. Very relaxing, and for the most part, hastle free. When we arrived, we asked if there were any rooms with a better view, and they moved us at no charge. The staff was very helpful and usually cheerful. The food was good, but after 7 days it starts to get old. A little heavy for my taste, as most everything was dripping in some sort of sauce. The beach, while it doesn't ever feel crowded, has a limited number of lounge chairs, so make sure to set your towels out in the morning if you want to ensure you will have a seat. The watersports were very fun, especially the Hobie Cats - highly recommended. The drinks are stiffer than I thought they would be, which was nice, and the specialty drinks were all pretty good. Make sure you make the trip to Shirley Heights on Sunday night, it's only $20 for a round trip ride for two, and the sunset is breathtaking. There isn't much of a nightlife other than a bar, but we were looking for a quietier vacation. All in all this was a great place, but the repetitiveness of the food and the occasional rude/nonchalant employee force me to give it 4.5 stars. While I certainly wouldn't say it's the most luxurious resort, it was very peaceful and beautiful, and just what we were looking for.
On a side note, never book any trip with bookit.com. They booked us a flight to Jamaica for this trip, and it took four weeks of calling and $400 to get it sorted out, even though it was entirely their fault. Their customer service is horrible, and they will beat around the bush and lie until you go away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay