My husband and I and our two sons, aged 6 and 10, spent 2 weeks at St James's Club in August and had a wonderful, relaxing vacation. The staff at Kidz Club was incredibly friendly and enthusiastic and they have a full day of activities like crabbing, swim games, snorkeling, fishing, paddle boating, kayaking, pizza and cookie making on the agenda. This is not a day care service where your children are simply babysat while you get free adult time, this is a true vacation full of new experiences that will have your kids happy at the end of the morning or day, raring to go back again the next day for their next adventure.
We were greeted upon arrival with cocktails and whisked right off to our rooms via golf cart. The grounds, beach and bay were beautifully maintained. You have a choice of the calm bay side with floaty rings or the ocean side, plus more pools than you know what to do with, often completely to yourself. There are extensive water sports and the staff are more then accommodating. I asked for a snorkel lesson one morning and even though this is not something they usually do, they accommodated us and the instructor had the boys snorkeling and laughing.
If you check outside the gift shop off the lobby, an agenda for the next few days is posted with all of the activities and dinner options. They show movies (grab a couch) and the air conditioning is blasting in the lounge in the evenings if you prefer it after the heat of the day. You have a la carte or buffet options for meals and the dinner buffets are themed so you will never get bored with the dining options at the four restaurants. Troy seated us most evenings at Docksider and went out of his way to secure a romantic seat by the water and inquire about our day.
We were lucky enough to be there for a Full Moon Party where the beach was set up for dinner and there was a dance club as well as live entertainment (dancers and a fire eater) and the strongest cocktails I think I have ever encountered (retire to the wine area if necessary!).
Walk or hitch a ride up to the top of the hill in the evening and you'll be treated to a stunning view. When we were there the moon looked like it was surrounded by a rainbow, and it reflected directly on the ocean in such a way that was so beautiful it almost didn't seem real.
The staff were the nicest group of people I have ever met on any vacation and while they are laid back they don't dawdle if you need advice or help. In general everywhere we went on the island we were greeted by smiling, happy people which really makes a good vacation great!
The other guests told us that the catamaran trip and snorkeling were amazing so we are looking forward to giving them a try during our next stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the All-Inclusive St. James's Club & Villas, Antigua's most famous address. This beautiful resort is ideally located on a private, 100-acre peninsula. You will love our two white sand beaches, water sports, tennis, four restaurants, indoor and outdoor bars, beach bar & grill, luxurious spa & salon, freshwater swimming pools, supervised Kids Club, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, and so much more. One of the Caribbean's most popular all-inclusive resorts. Excellent for couples, honeymooners, families, and friends. Located just minutes from major attractions like English Harbour, Nelson's Dockyard, and the lively Shirley Heights. Our warm and welcoming staff and management team will make your stay wonderful and memorable. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with West Indies, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. James's Club & Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. James`s Club Hotel Mamora Bay
- St James Club Antigua
- St Jamess Hotel
- St Jamess Resort
- St James Antigua
- St Jamess Club Antigua
- St. James's Club & Villas Antigua/Mamora Bay